6 minutes ago, Meece said:

Hey you lot get a bird book.  It is highly unlikely they're crows that your shooting.  Generally when bloke posts that they have shot X dozen crows they are mistaken.  They've been shooting jackdaws or rooks.  crows are reasonably solitary and they are a bloody great big thing in comparison to jackdaws with a murderous great beak.  AND if you don't know that I bet you aint got a copy of GL 36 in your pocket.

Jackdaw

image.png.ae768b71821181be7062f5e63b9de0f6.png

Carrion Crow

image.png.1767c0fc69592477bb3d90d8af350071.png

What a nob 

• Haha 4

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

On my way home this morning I spied from some high ground another piece of ground I frequent. In the distance I could see crows. After teaching the granddaughter to ride a bike (amazing tool the

A friend of mine has a son that wants to be a keeper . So I’ve had the lad help me for a couple of days . He has enjoyed the work so far  but I tested his resolve yesterday when I dropped the ladder t

I’m glad to say my kids love been out and my youngest is out in all weather helps with the yard ferrets dogs birds etc etc , to be fair can’t keep him in lol 

Posted Images

7 hours ago, Sausagedog said:

Actually Meece the other day I had nothing but solitary crows coming in.

That's as maybe but people are missing the point. I don't give a shit if people  shot xyz birds but everyone always write .... I had a fantastic day a shot xyz CROWS but the birds in the pictures are jacdaws.  They just say CROWS.  It's no different to saying I've shot xyz pigeons whereas in fact half of them are turtle doves ect.  Or if shot a deer but its a bloody sheep.  It ain't the same thing.  It like the General licenses. You could almost guarantee that the majority of shooters do not print out and carry the relevant General licenses on them.  I've never heard of anyone being pulled up on this but if you ran up against PC plod kwis Peckham you could be looking at loosing you tickets.  I know that plod in Scotland regularly pull cars of goose shooters to see if they've in possession of protected species of geese because people just shoot anything.  And elchapo your a nob if you dont know what your shooting you should bloody well go find out before you go and shoot someone's dog and  make out it's a bloody fox. .. well it had four legs and a tail.!!!

Edited by Meece

Thanks for that Meece.

All I know is that on this crippled dairy farm 2" from financial ruin they don't need a TB reaction from avian TB causing a false alarm.

I had Jackie's this spring poking straw down my chimney despite the cowling.

Ain't gonna happen.

Idiots can wrap us up in red tape all they  want but it won't effect the real world and as you gracefully put it I also don't give the proverbial for biased rules and regs clearly set against me as a person and of no benefit to wildlife what so ever.

If they do take my license then so be it. But be assured, it would not stop me shooting! All it will mean is, there is no rules.

Edited by Sausagedog
11 hours ago, Meece said:

Hey you lot get a bird book.  It is highly unlikely they're crows that your shooting.  Generally when bloke posts that they have shot X dozen crows they are mistaken.  They've been shooting jackdaws or rooks.  crows are reasonably solitary and they are a bloody great big thing in comparison to jackdaws with a murderous great beak.  AND if you don't know that I bet you aint got a copy of GL 36 in your pocket.

Jackdaw

image.png.ae768b71821181be7062f5e63b9de0f6.png

Carrion Crow

image.png.1767c0fc69592477bb3d90d8af350071.png

Well the “carrion crows” I’ve been catching my ladder trap haven’t read that book of yours , and as for being solitary how do you suppose I’ve caught so many in one drop ? I had 38 two days before!! And in that there were 3 jackdaws. 

• Like 7
8 hours ago, Meece said:

That's as maybe but people are missing the point. I don't give a shit if people  shot xyz birds but everyone always write .... I had a fantastic day a shot xyz CROWS but the birds in the pictures are jacdaws.  They just say CROWS.  It's no different to saying I've shot xyz pigeons whereas in fact half of them are turtle doves ect.  Or if shot a deer but its a bloody sheep.  It ain't the same thing.  It like the General licenses. You could almost guarantee that the majority of shooters do not print out and carry the relevant General licenses on them.  I've never heard of anyone being pulled up on this but if you ran up against PC plod kwis Peckham you could be looking at loosing you tickets.  I know that plod in Scotland regularly pull cars of goose shooters to see if they've in possession of protected species of geese because people just shoot anything.  And elchapo your a nob if you dont know what your shooting you should bloody well go find out before you go and shoot someone's dog and  make out it's a bloody fox. .. well it had four legs and a tail.!!!

f**k you you prick you are more dangerous than the likes of Chris Peckham , your the type of person to grass someone up strait away jus5 to get a pat on the back and telling folk they need get a book because they don’t no what there shooting !! Who are you the be all and end all of the shooting world , guys like you telling people they don’t no what there shooting / dispatching from traps , how do you no ? Were you there ? No we’re you f**k you plank! 

now jogg on and try get a pat on the back of someone else you mug 

• Like 1
5 hours ago, shovel leaner said:

Well the “carrion crows” I’ve been catching my ladder trap haven’t read that book of yours , and as for being solitary how do you suppose I’ve caught so many in one drop ? I had 38 two days before!! And in that there were 3 jackdaws. 

Sorry pal but your wrong ,,,, Meece said there jack daws in YOUR  trap that YOU dispatched so go buy a book make sure you no what your on about , ?

• Haha 2
44 minutes ago, David.evans said:

Ffs Meece 

of course I know what a crow looks like I shot these two on the dairy farm the other day under gl36 , it’s obvious I know what I’m doing ?0D6C3747-D212-4664-9BC6-6C1CF99E9033.png.7c89ca97a2dce5850a2c5d68da22f8d3.png

Definitely a Raven you ejit what book you been readin ?

• Haha 5

Always have the current licences in my bag for when I’m blasting anything that moves and the next time I get asked for them I’m gonna turn them into a Chelsea brick and batta the f****r with them 
image.jpg.1809a4fe6ba3a61df6f5e8e7535ebe2b.jpg

• Haha 5
On 25/05/2020 at 21:00, Sausagedog said:

On my way home this morning I spied from some high ground another piece of ground I frequent. In the distance I could see crows.

After teaching the granddaughter to ride a bike (amazing tool the hazel whip is), I got three hours leave.

I set up in some shade and waited. 

It was steady going and the TOZ 66 fits very well. It's full chokes give each bird a severe feather trim to say the least!

Ok I fluffed some simple shots rushing like normal but I was up to my usual performance.

Hull pro one 28g #7&1/2s.

17 birds only but I got out, yaaaa.

Work tomorrow ?

On 25/05/2020 at 21:00, Sausagedog said:

On my way home this morning I spied from some high ground another piece of ground I frequent. In the distance I could see crows.

After teaching the granddaughter to ride a bike (amazing tool the hazel whip is), I got three hours leave.

I set up in some shade and waited. 

It was steady going and the TOZ 66 fits very well. It's full chokes give each bird a severe feather trim to say the least!

Ok I fluffed some simple shots rushing like normal but I was up to my usual performance.

Hull pro one 28g #7&1/2s.

17 birds only but I got out, yaaaa.

Work tomorrow ?

796219234_IMG_20200525_163546158_HDR2.jpg.eead359fa4c77b246afc6b6b4645a9fa.jpg

Good going SD I had a couple of days the other week on the Crows, missed more than I shot but still dropped a few for the farmer to hang upside down. He told me he had enough by the 2nd day I went, so as I drive to and from the farm there is a little farm shop I pass, so I popped in. Asked  the lad being the counter if he wanted a few crows as I've noticed his fields getting hammered, Needless to say he was very happy taking them off my hands. After a little chat I gave him one of my business cards, you never know it may lead to a bit more permission?

• Like 2
On 26/05/2020 at 10:24, philpot said:

A couple of years ago I dumped my plastic crow deeks and bought a dozen full body flock finish deeks, bloody hell what a difference they made, not only getting higher interest from the crows but the pidgeon also seemed more at ease regularly dropping in.  Last year I bought a Nordik crow call which with just a little practice certainly helps to attract their attention. 

I have two farms where the crows can be a real pain and both are suitable for me to leave the hide in place without some prat pinching it. This works really well as I leave a two day break in between shooting which in turn lets the crows relax a little the next time out.  Works for me anyway.

Phil

Totally agree about the full body flocked deeks Phil. I have 6 flocked half shells and struggled getting them to come in. I bought 6 flocked full body and the crows certainly seem more interested. 

• Like 1