Its years since i fed a dog raw how does it work these days do you still have to do all the legwork yourself or are their companies who sell it as a complete barf diet ?....if so any companies folk would recommend ?

Thats it mate ive just stuck a freezer in the shed and hopefully just get it delivered in bulk keeping things simple with a complete meal,i googled this mob who seem as good as any just waiting on a sample box.

www.basilsdogfood.co.uk

I've been feeding 1/2kilo a day of minced chicken and offal plus pint of wholemeal kibble a day, for about 8 months now and its all good with his health might have 2 dumps a day now as apposed to 6 or more when I was feeding dry. He now putting on weight which he needed but now looking like could loose a bit what should I cut down on kibble or meat. He weighs 28 kilo 24 tts.

Cheers

Blimey i didnt realise just how much things had changed theres loads of them....so is this literally it....is this what is now classed as raw feeding as a complete meal...none of that mincing about like years ago !

IMG_1974.JPG

Gnash, those type of companies can be expensive but you'll find plenty of less commercial raw feed companies local i'll bet.

Local to me there are loads on the Facebook marketing pages and plenty of those deliver too.

1 hour ago, Chaff said:

I've been feeding 1/2kilo a day of minced chicken and offal plus pint of wholemeal kibble a day, for about 8 months now and its all good with his health might have 2 dumps a day now as apposed to 6 or more when I was feeding dry. He now putting on weight which he needed but now looking like could loose a bit what should I cut down on kibble or meat. He weighs 28 kilo 24 tts.

Cheers

I just stuck my little youngster on the best kibble i could find but he,s coming up to 9 months now and just seems to lack a little something....and like you say shits a bit too much for my liking.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Bosun11 said:

Gnash, those type of companies can be expensive but you'll find loads of less commercial raw feed companies local i'll bet.

Local to me there are loads on the Facebook marketing pages and plenty of those deliver too.

Right gotcha...i mean he,s only a littlun these packs only work out just over a quid a day i can live with that i just wanted to make sure this is basically it im sure folk add their own little tweaks but as a basic raw diet this seems a lot less complicated than id envisaged.

1 hour ago, gnasher16 said:

Right gotcha...i mean he,s only a littlun these packs only work out just over a quid a day i can live with that i just wanted to make sure this is basically it im sure folk add their own little tweaks but as a basic raw diet this seems a lot less complicated than id envisaged.

Just give him some chicken wings or some ribs as well now and then so he gets some bones to help his teeth in keeping strong and healthy,cheap enough from a butchers seeing it's for one terrier.:thumbs:

• Like 3
1 hour ago, fireman said:

Just give him some chicken wings or some ribs as well now and then so he gets some bones to help his teeth in keeping strong and healthy,cheap enough from a butchers seeing it's for one terrier.:thumbs:

To be honest thats what i buy. Lidl and Aldi do packs of 12 wings for around £1.50. I just split em an freeze in two's. Ideal chucked on kibble.

3 hours ago, gnasher16 said:

TPMS meats will cost you about 30p a day Maybe a bit less to feed your terrier and they have a big catalogue of different meats raw bones etc to choose from. 

2 hours ago, socks said:

TPMS meats will cost you about 30p a day Maybe a bit less to feed your terrier and they have a big catalogue of different meats raw bones etc to choose from. 

I did look them up but i think they was the ones that wanted you to order about 3 tons before they,d deliver !.....i just didnt realise there was so many companies doing it i feel a bit of a knob even asking now i should of just googled it ?