Micro ferrets

There just a fad like colours ect, at the end of the day there runts bred to runts, can’t see them putting a full shift in with stubborn rabbits that don’t want to bolt imo I prefer big strong ferrets 

• Like 7
  • Sad 1
1 hour ago, neil b said:

There just a fad like colours ect, at the end of the day there runts bred to runts, can’t see them putting a full shift in with stubborn rabbits that don’t want to bolt imo I prefer big strong ferrets 

well said neil , totally agree with what you said, seen and been out with blokes who have tried them on rabbits,total waste of time getting dragged round sets and lots of spadework due to the size of them, may aswelll stick white mice down the holes, once asked a bloke how he kept them so small, said he kept the food intake low on the bitch and kits when they were first born, don't know if it was true or not, give me agoood strong ferret any day when they stick they usually stick in one place not getting the runaround.

I got one for the first time last summer, was only a young kit and bloke said she was a micro but seemed a nice kit and had her. She is definitely noticeably smaller than my other jills but she is a very game little worker and can bolt rabbits fairly well especially as last season was her first season. I wouldn’t however deliberately buy another micro as I feel that, game as she undoubtedly is, she can be bullied at times and I don’t feel she offers any advantage over a larger jill or smaller hob. 

• Like 4

A lot of people keep them as pets and it's up to them what they keep, I like a smallish ferret but they are still big enough to work.

If I was offered some true micros and I had cage space I'd have them as pets.

• 2 weeks later...
On 24/04/2020 at 22:40, gnipper said:

Same here Neil. The proper micros are too small for anything imo.

Hi Gnipper, I was talking to a lad that had them and used them as Pat A Pet around schools, hospitals and care homes. he found people would readily handle one of these small ferrets but would fear even looking at a large hob.he didnt breed them he created them and if he bred these small ferrets he would get normal size ferrets from them

Y.I.S Leeview 

• Haha 1