Pb whippets and ferrets advice

5 hours ago, Aussie Whip said:

That's good you have a job.How big are whippet litter sizes?The only thing I liked about your post was you saying whippets are great dogs.You are talking to dog men who dedicate their lives to dogs and working them.You are a smartass and a wanna be puppy miller,fck off.

Thats possibly one of the best posts ive encountered to date,very Peter Kay.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Don’t take this the wrong way mate, but sit down and read through your post. The world has enough folk already breeding and peddling dogs. 

The only way you will own or breed anything of any working value is to take the money factor out of the equation.

There's no money in selling dogs.... And certainly no money in ferrets, they get given to good working homes round here?

Posted Images

2 hours ago, Cqwhippet said:

I was asking those questions out of interest as I said I’m looking to gain all knowledge possible there’s nothing wrong with me gaining this knowledge now and breeding in 3/4 years time when I know what I’m doing, and I’m most definitely not a wanna be puppy miller. 

The best way to gain knowledge is start at the bottom of the ladder,find out how to graft a turd and get the best out of it,then take a step up,with the mistakes you have learnt on the first step you will better suit the next rung.When you attain the giddy heights of stepping onto the third step you will then start to realise how difficult a task it may be to reach the next step up.An awful lot of lurcher folk become expert and experienced before they gain an ability to deal with the altitude,others learn more on the first rung than some that rushed to the top to early.gently,gently grasshopper,learn slowly,make mistakes,make a few more then think about breeding and dollar.The facts are every fecking nugget that ever watched Del Boy wants to become the next lurcher millionaire.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
27 minutes ago, Brigzy said:

Absolute load of nonsense ! There's loads of working and show whippets in Ireland , go to any show and you'll meet any amount of people with them. The guys either an idiot or out for a bite !

Yep, a quick google search will throw up quite a few 'quality' whippet breeders in ireland

5 hours ago, Brigzy said:
5 hours ago, shaaark said:

Well, my two penneth worth. I love whippets, there are some members on here with some belting whippets, there are plenty of really good whippet breeders up and down the country.

You are not going to breed anything better than what several of these breeders/owners are already producing.

Save yourself the hassle mate. As a couple have already said,  just get a whippet, or two, a couple of ferrets and just enjoy working them ?

That’s entirely my plan me and my cousin are getting two whippets to start see how we go we’re going to work them for a good while with a few ferrets, 100% going to breed down the line though no matter who says what as I’d love to start my own line, any idea if there’s a big difference in showing and working dogs? Or could you also show a working whippet? 

2 minutes ago, Cqwhippet said:

It will take years to breed your own line because all you will be doing is using other lads stuff you don't know anything.about the game  is anyone really going to take you serious think about it ffs 

2 hours ago, Blackmag said:

It will take years to breed your own line because all you will be doing is using other lads stuff you don't know anything.about the game  is anyone really going to take you serious think about it ffs 

Obviously it’ll take years I’m not simple, I want to put years into it if ya haven’t got a good word to say p*ss off and find something better to do 

10 hours ago, Cqwhippet said:

Well I’d appreciate if these dog men would see in clearly interest in the breed as a whole and yeah I’m curious as to how big there litter sizes are? Just a simple question that everyone seems to have taken up wrong, and if you don’t like the post leave it rather than telling me to f*ck off my own post.

When It's asked as a first question you are coming across with dollar signs in your eyes,you shouldn't be thinking about breeding working dogs with no experience.I didn't like your post and I will let you know about it when it comes to dog's welfare,you don't sound like a bad bloke but you need to get your priorities right.

10 hours ago, Cqwhippet said:

I was asking those questions out of interest as I said I’m looking to gain all knowledge possible there’s nothing wrong with me gaining this knowledge now and breeding in 3/4 years time when I know what I’m doing, and I’m most definitely not a wanna be puppy miller. 

You might get some knowledge picking people's brains but experiencing it yourself is what counts and matters,so many people come and go in working dogs,mostly go, so take one step at a time and really get to know your animals and don't worry about making a name for yourself.

the guys mind is made up before he even owns the dog he’s going to breed out of it that tells anyone all they need to know plus he’s never worked a dog??‍♂️  If I was ever in the market for a working dog this guy would be avoided like the plague! You can guarantee there be pups on the ground by 2yrs old out of proven workers?? I’m done ?? I’m glad our circle is tight an we’re honest enough with ourselves an each other to know what we want to see in our type we keep an not afraid to grade our own dogs or let others in our circle do grade ours honestly without kidding our selfs or take one of our own out of a potential future breeding because it’s not made what we want in our type

5 hours ago, poxon said:

the guys mind is made up before he even owns the dog he’s going to breed out of it that tells anyone all they need to know plus he’s never worked a dog??‍♂️  If I was ever in the market for a working dog this guy would be avoided like the plague! You can guarantee there be pups on the ground by 2yrs old out of proven workers?? I’m done ?? I’m glad our circle is tight an we’re honest enough with ourselves an each other to know what we want to see in our type we keep an not afraid to grade our own dogs or let others in our circle do grade ours honestly without kidding our selfs or take one of our own out of a potential future breeding because it’s not made what we want in our type

I have worked a dog I’ve a dog right now but Ive never worked whippets I did I’m new enough to the sport but I’ve been working my dog for about 4 months now not a long time but I’ve still been well capable of bringing her on to be a good working dog. I wouldn’t breed off a dog any younger than 4 years actually so not a chance I’d have pups out a 2 year old bitch 

13 hours ago, Aussie Whip said:

By your posts you should practice what you preach lol.

There wasn’t a bad thing said in my post In fact not one of ye anywhere near answered any of my questions or gave me advice ye all just concentrated on what I asked about breeding ye picked the one thing ye don’t like just to complain by The looks of it