Better times ?

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

So as I’m under house arrest I’ve been flicking through some old and not so old pictures I have saved, trying to remember what normal life is like and I thought I’d start a new topic and put a couple

got to agree with the goose shooting, there either way to high 60yrd to the left or right of you or ten foot above your head while you've got a cup of coffee in your hand? this was my first half

Posted Images

Game shooting how it should be done, Hugo’s dad ( pre Hugo ) on peg 1, me on peg 2 on what is known as Gordon’s pen drive, I’m guessing this was about 8 years ago because we have changed the way we do this drive now so peg 1 is about 400 yards away from where it was, this is now the best drive we have and if you pull peg 5 or 6 you are going to get some first class birds, longshanx’s has shot peg 6 while I was on peg 5 and for the first time in an age I never made a fool of myself, dropping 3 consecutive birds behind him ( to his and also mine amazement ?)

me and mosh a couple of years ago with a ginger that chanced it’s luck on a pheasant drive, the no ground game rule only applies to most of the guns ?

B2862779-A067-4218-A779-99532C4708E2.jpeg

0CE59A74-88B7-41C5-ADA5-53B5CFBFB2A0.jpeg

8E53B7F2-F497-4B59-B4B8-411D528E3A56.png

• Like 1
5 hours ago, Stavross said:

First couple of times I took longshanx out for a go at the hoppers,  I’ve not known him that long but has become a good mate, even fitting in with my pheasant syndicate

he’s even managed to get himself an invite to join the shoot ( he must of done a lot of arse kissing for this because he certainly wouldn’t get in on looks and personality ??)

F94A5335-9586-49FE-B04C-BD43E0A4469C.jpeg

0652641F-38CA-4E5D-A96D-5F371B5F0012.jpeg

1C511130-87A6-4F76-8CEB-A903AA98B3D6.png

Now, now, the jealousy is showing, just because I'm the better looking with bags of charismatic charm???Had some cracking nights mate, the threads been a good read so far, great idea. ??

• Haha 1
12 minutes ago, Stavross said:

Game shooting how it should be done, Hugo’s dad ( pre Hugo ) on peg 1, me on peg 2 on what is known as Gordon’s pen drive, I’m guessing this was about 8 years ago because we have changed the way we do this drive now so peg 1 is about 400 yards away from where it was, this is now the best drive we have and if you pull peg 5 or 6 you are going to get some first class birds, longshanx’s has shot peg 6 while I was on peg 5 and for the first time in an age I never made a fool of myself, dropping 3 consecutive birds behind him ( to his and also mine amazement ?)

me and mosh a couple of years ago with a ginger that chanced it’s luck on a pheasant drive, the no ground game rule only applies to most of the guns ?

B2862779-A067-4218-A779-99532C4708E2.jpeg

0CE59A74-88B7-41C5-ADA5-53B5CFBFB2A0.jpeg

8E53B7F2-F497-4B59-B4B8-411D528E3A56.png

You were on fire that day Stav, I think the total for you that day was 8, to my 1?

I think you even surprised yourself that day?

11 minutes ago, Longshanx said:

Now, now, the jealousy is showing, just because I'm the better looking with bags of charismatic charm???Had some cracking nights mate, the threads been a good read so far, great idea. ??

You certainly miss it when it’s gone, but it will be back and I’ll never take it for granted again, I’ve really enjoyed looking through my collection of pictures and remembering things  I’d forgotten about, we’ll definitely have some more cracking day and nights out in the future ?

ive just got off the phone to mosh and the poor lad is going mental stuck in the house, like the rest of us he’s going to work and nothing much else, only difference is we don’t have a farmer John to cope with ?

Edited by Stavross
  • Haha 1
5 hours ago, Sausagedog said:

How about a tribute to my dog, Tia. The best sprocket in the world. Retrieved fox and would try roe. Would folly hot or cold deer blood. Do anything. Go on point too.

484830557_MLsport002.jpg.08422a644c81097fbdf13ee7e30c546f.jpg

She looked a cracking dog SD

• Thanks 1
On 05/04/2020 at 22:49, lllluke1 said:

The jackdaws with me are that clever.  They only need to see a gun and they are off.  I'm sure they even recognize my car

Join the club, I get set up after a bit of recon, then only one or two come over. As I'm driving out the farm the other fields are full of the feckers, they definitely take the piss?

16 minutes ago, Stavross said:

You certainly miss it when it’s gone, but you will be back and I’ll never take you for granted again, I’ve really enjoyed looking through my collection of pictures

At first I thought you were on about my good looks, but then I carried on reading? wait a minute you are? (no edit was made to your post promise?

Poor Mosh, he doesn't like staying in and likes his long walks with the dogs. John must be driving him mad?

I can't wait to get back out, of all the fooking times, the weather is going to be cracking the flags this Bank Holiday ?

Edited by Longshanx
  • Haha 1
2 minutes ago, Stavross said:

Up at the shoot at first light on an early February morning just as the season had ended, on my own just surrounded by nature, there’s nowhere else I would rather have been ?

7D97B953-DE79-42E6-93F4-01C0E499B9DE.jpeg

9D0ADB68-7CAF-4E99-9801-55C44F5E906F.jpeg

8CF808F1-158F-4711-8167-805C44083665.png

You've took some belting pictures over the years I'll give you that??

• Like 2
17 minutes ago, Longshanx said:

You've took some belting pictures over the years I'll give you that??

I wish I’d started taking them when I first started out with the dogs and the fishing ( even the poaching with the lads that took me out as a kid ) I had some amazing times out, but they are all just distant memories now ( I’m talking like I’m 110 ?)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1