Two days in and I’m going mental ( new book time )

3 hours ago, shovel leaner said:

My keeping hasn’t been affected thank goodness and all the guns are paying their subs and the poults are ordered. My wife and I foster children , we’ve been doing it for 5 or six years now . It takes about a year from when you first apply to getting approved, so it’s not going to help immediately but since we started we have never had to worry about money. We didn’t get into it for financial consideration but more because my wife loves kids , but I’ve been shocked at the amount of money councils pay you . If you have one child under say 5 it’s nearly £1,400 a month a sibling group of 2 double that , a mother and baby placement £700 a week . If you have a spare room in your house and you like kids . Who knows you could turn some kids life around . We just foster now , I do my keepering and small building jobs and I’ve never been happier . I don’t want to paint too rosy a picture because some kids are damaged and hard work but we both love seeing them make progress and it’s rewarding.

Massive respect to you mate. I have sone friends who do it and I know hard but rewarding they say it is.

I'm very fortunate too to be in secure employment in these weird times. Although my gaffer has just bough £70k worth of brand spanking telehandler for me to use; never been so nervous moving sheep!! It's even got a radio! Listening to the singer everyone likes to dunk in their brew....

Lionel Richtea!! ? Stay safe all my mates! 

20200410_110459.jpg

• Haha 5

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

My little mate Hugo told his Mam that he wanted a climbing frame like the one at school with a swing, she said to him that they are to expensive at the minute and sent me a picture say can you do this

My mates little girl made me a cake for my first day at work ( even though I’ve worked for him for about the past 8 years ) she said her daddy had to be nice to me because I was helping him because he

Well I’ve done it, I’ve left my mechanic job and I start out in the big wild world on my own tomorrow, fingers crossed ? I’ve made the right decision ?

Posted Images

That’s an amazing thing to do, the mother in law used to do emergency foster care, mainly babies removed from scum bags, at the time the missus was still at home and the two of them used to take care of them, she remembers social services turning up in the early hours with kids, we discussed it a few years ago because there’s just me and her rattling around in our big house, the only problem would be is she works very long hours at the hospital and according to her I’m way to irresponsible to look after anything more than a goldfish 

25 minutes ago, BenBhoy said:

Massive respect to you mate. I have sone friends who do it and I know hard but rewarding they say it is.

I'm very fortunate too to be in secure employment in these weird times. Although my gaffer has just bough £70k worth of brand spanking telehandler for me to use; never been so nervous moving sheep!! It's even got a radio! Listening to the singer everyone likes to dunk in their brew....

20200410_110459.jpg

Belting tool them merlo are. How much reach has it got? I need to cut some oak branches!

21 minutes ago, Sausagedog said:

Belting tool them merlo are. How much reach has it got? I need to cut some oak branches!

This model is 6.7M mate  I think not sure if that standard or not. We've always had merlo  be absolutely lost without it but this new one feels bit plasticky not as solid as one we chopped in.

• Like 1

When I’m working around my mates farm I often use the reach truck for loading the trailer, my mates old fella has always had manitou’s and I’m sure he buys them just so when I’m using it he can say “ I’ve been told you like a man a too” before walking off laughing to himself ?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
7 hours ago, Stavross said:

That’s an amazing thing to do, the mother in law used to do emergency foster care, mainly babies removed from scum bags, at the time the missus was still at home and the two of them used to take care of them, she remembers social services turning up in the early hours with kids, we discussed it a few years ago because there’s just me and her rattling around in our big house, the only problem would be is she works very long hours at the hospital and according to her I’m way to irresponsible to look after anything more than a goldfish 

If you have the room Stavross foster a Teenager . Even you couldn’t neglect one of them !!! Really all you have to do is put a roof over their head and food on the table ( if they chose to eat it ) and maybe a friendly chat and a bit of guidance.  As long as you aren’t beating them or f@@king them , believe me it will be an improvement on what they were used to . Put up two and you will be getting more than you earned as technician. And if you get a strong one they might help shift some pheasant food ? .  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
7 hours ago, BenBhoy said:

20200410_110459.jpg

You could go into merlo meltdown over this way, this place is just down the rd!

There are loads and he must do descent deals for locals cos nearly every farm round heat has one:)

60EBD746-7E0D-46DE-B29D-DAEDB95DD45D.png.cf9d87d52a729e7846bb165ccc235477.png

• Like 1
44 minutes ago, shovel leaner said:

If you have the room Stavross foster a Teenager . Even you couldn’t neglect one of them !!! Really all you have to do is put a roof over their head and food on the table ( if they chose to eat it ) and maybe a friendly chat and a bit of guidance.  As long as you aren’t beating them or f@@king them , believe me it will be an improvement on what they were used to . Put up two and you will be getting more than you earned as technician. And if you get a strong one they might help shift some pheasant food ? .  

It is something I think I’d like to do and we have discussed it in the passed, even though we don’t have kids our lass is really good with our nephews and nieces, always helping them in any way she can, they always come to her when they think they can’t go to Mam or dad, on the other hand I’m the one they want to hang around with because they get to do all sorts that other kids don’t and they know if they are idiots they don’t get to come out with me again, the youngest one like to come out because he can say the F word in front of me and I think it makes him feel like one of the lads ?

1 hour ago, Stavross said:

It is something I think I’d like to do and we have discussed it in the passed, even though we don’t have kids our lass is really good with our nephews and nieces, always helping them in any way she can, they always come to her when they think they can’t go to Mam or dad, on the other hand I’m the one they want to hang around with because they get to do all sorts that other kids don’t and they know if they are idiots they don’t get to come out with me again, the youngest one like to come out because he can say the F word in front of me and I think it makes him feel like one of the lads ?

Maybe I’ve planted a seed Stavross! I’ve seen your posts and you seem a good sort with a lot to offer a lost youngster. I won’t go into it too much , but even in the relatively short time I’ve been doing it , I feel I could write a book on it . Some of the kids have had such a troubled past that there is no helping them and it’s sad cos you know how their future will play out . But not all ! For a lot they just need a safe environment and someone they can trust . It could be you who makes a difference. Sod working for a boss who doesn’t appreciate you . Take a different path , and maybe Change some lives. 

Edited by shovel leaner
  • Like 4
10 hours ago, BenBhoy said:

20200410_110459.jpg

Do you find they bounce at full lock?  The one in work does.  Used it to lift a lifeguard station onto a beach, kept getting stuck and having to push myself out backwards.  The next year we used a JCB telehandler, much better never got stuck once in the soft sand.