Two days in and I’m going mental ( new book time )

I thought I would have a sort through my fishing rods and gear today, quite surprising just how many rods I have bought, had given, won, scrounged etc................43......43,  now that was a surprise so looks like I need to sell some rods.  Reels, lures, rigs and general tackle tomorrow.             This is fun ?

Phil

• Haha 1

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

My little mate Hugo told his Mam that he wanted a climbing frame like the one at school with a swing, she said to him that they are to expensive at the minute and sent me a picture say can you do this

My mates little girl made me a cake for my first day at work ( even though I’ve worked for him for about the past 8 years ) she said her daddy had to be nice to me because I was helping him because he

Well I’ve done it, I’ve left my mechanic job and I start out in the big wild world on my own tomorrow, fingers crossed ? I’ve made the right decision ?

Posted Images

3 minutes ago, Stavross said:

That gives me an idea ? 

squirrel fishing! Some nuts glued to a treble pike rig, cast to the top of the garden and wait, I’ll be dusting off the pike gear tomorrow 

Now thats worth a photo or two Stav.

Phil

6 hours ago, Stavross said:

That gives me an idea ? 

squirrel fishing! Some nuts glued to a treble pike rig, cast to the top of the garden and wait, I’ll be dusting off the pike gear tomorrow 

A mate of mine in college use to swear that he once caught a bat when out fly fishing!! Mind you he did smoke a  lot of pot! 

• Haha 4
15 hours ago, philpot said:

Now thats worth a photo or two Stav.

Phil

Well the squirrels aren’t biting and when I made a grab for the cat to dress it like a fox it went f*cking nuts and is now sulking in the conservatory, I’m now thinking of having a go at the magpies with the catapult, god I’m board ?

C595C335-0A93-4C86-998C-60A6308CD4D8.jpeg

• Haha 3
37 minutes ago, Stavross said:

Well the squirrels aren’t biting and when I made a grab for the cat to dress it like a fox it went f*cking nuts and is now sulking in the conservatory, I’m now thinking of having a go at the magpies with the catapult, god I’m board ?

C595C335-0A93-4C86-998C-60A6308CD4D8.jpeg

That is a slightly insane look on your face Stav .............................. you need a gin in the sun.....................just like me.  I have just spent the last hour taking photos of the rods I am selling and put them in the sales section. I will get my daughter to stick em on face thingy if they don't sell here. 

Now tomorrow what shall I do ........................................... hmmmm, time to get the kayak out and give it a good wash and spruce up for some fun in the sea, oh shite, can't go, oh well it will be clean when we can go, if the winter is not close on us again.

Clocks go forward on Sunday ...................................................................................................... soon be going back again. ?

Phil

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
1 minute ago, Stavross said:

I think I’m going slightly insane Phil, there’s got to be something wrong with anyone who fishes for squirrels ?

With rusty hooks,    insane ?

Get an air rifle so you can have a bit of fun in the garden, it will pass on the time.

Phil

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I have sold all my sub 12 air rifles but found an open sights springer of low power which will get some hammer over the comming weeks.  I nearly bought an HW57 springer a little while ago, wish I had now as that would have been perfect right now.  The RFD's around here are now closed for whatever period an no money after buying my new wmr so it will have to be this old one. Never mind.

Phil

15 hours ago, Sausagedog said:

I use to do that at school.

Go early and throw some bread for the gulls. Catch one on a line and then loose it in the corridors. Caused mayhem ?

You wicked devil you. When I was at school, I used to stay behind after school and wait for the evening classes.  I used to wait and eat my sandwiches in a classroom that overlooked out across the football fields.  There were loads of seagulls and I  used to Chuck bits of bread out of the window.  Back in those days I used to take my air pistol to school in my duffle bag.  My school blaser had a sort of inside pocket that held the pistol like a secret service agent.  As the seagulls flew past the windows they made good moving targets ???.  Its a wonder that the things that I did at school  didn't get me expelled.  Filling some mouthy girls desk and books up with boxes of ground up chalk sticks.  ( she had he'll of a mess and she couldn't write on the pages ) Chucking the classes music books in the river. ( the nasty music teacher just couldn't work out where she had put the classes books).  Loading the class coal fire right up with coal so that it got so hot that it was incandescent like a cardboard box on a bonfire.  Putting a load of magnesium ribbon in a desk and setting light to it.  Mxing chemicals together in chemistry lessons making explosives,  lots of things, never got caught out because the teachers were more interested in getting the pretty girls to help out in the store rooms ?.  Their skin was like vinyl.   ???????.     I was not the messiah, I was a very naughty boy.  ??????????????.   it's a pity that I didn't have a folding 410 back then because there was a town tip along the river and I  could have had seagull fighting as they came in to the tip at dusk.  Whilst I was waiting for the evening classes to start.  ?.  I would have had to send Mother into the ironmongers every week to replenish the boxes of 410 cartridges.