Ward type dogs

Seen this post and took a bit of interest. A close friend told me, In regards to wards early black stuff, This is the first black dog that ward bred. Another 1 called swaz, and a bitch called tatra. And that's all he knows he bred in terms of blacks

IMG-20200401-WA0004.jpg

• Like 8

On 26/03/2020 at 12:18, fatlad said:

I thought ward used cowans dogs I'm not sure but that's what I was told onto the border cross dog he had 

Ward did use John Cowan's dogs but Gary told me he also used stuff bred out of show stock too...

1 hour ago, True Grit said:

Seen this post and took a bit of interest. A close friend told me, In regards to wards early black stuff, This is the first black dog that ward bred. Another 1 called swaz, and a bitch called tatra. And that's all he knows he bred in terms of blacks

IMG-20200401-WA0004.jpg

Is that breeze? 

• 1 month later...

Cracking photos.... that red dog could do with a bigger chain though ??.

nothing like the so called ward dogs I’ve seen though.

they were fine boned , straight fronts and box faced.

was at a show mind.

ATB .... T

He lives not far from, there was another old boy kept black and tans. I have spoke to a few old school lads who done a bit with ward and they say his dogs were handy enough. But some shite produced too. They reckon he had over 40 terriers at his place at one point.

those are coyote pups I think there were 9 cant remember it was a while ago . there parents were killed one on the road and one from the farmer. Cubbing isn't something i enjoy but necessary if you want permission. the black dog would draw them out by the scruff she was smaller than the yotes she would jerk fox out aswell. the red dog was well reared and gave to me from a guy in the states named Dean I think he only had probably a dozen digs at most and the he broke I bred the two she was in season when he got hurt the pups weren't much the one on the right is the male i kept he liked to  bark not engage. the one on the left was the best terrier I owned mute smart and tough she is in the second picture. I believe they were sent to a rehab to be grown then released so I could hunt them in the winter with the stags.  

1361675059335.jpg

IMG_0046 (2).JPG

IMG_0041 (2).JPG

1361675057619.jpg

Edited by Rocks
though I would add pics of my collie marking the yote hole he died in 2012 of old age
  • Like 6