Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Ted Newgent

Pancake day

Recommended Posts


4 minutes ago, Accip74 said:

My Mrs does these most wkends, not strictly pancakes...... my bad

https://www.rivercottage.net/recipes/wholemeal-drop-scones

Still could be an acquired taste for some.......😂

Basically how I make mine. Self raising Wholemeal, egg, milk. I save the sugar for the topping.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, shaaark said:

 

To be honest, I just don't have a sweet tooth. Never eat cakes, desserts etc. The mrs and our youngest lad do, so we've been looking at alternatives to the more traditional sweet pancakes.

A bit mad really, because I love strawberries, raspberrys, and all fruit really. But just don't like cakes, desserts etc 

More or less the same myself,  doughnuts would be the only pastry I'd eat. I like Greek yogurt with honey with figs and dates for something sweet. 

Atb j 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, jetro said:

More or less the same myself,  doughnuts would be the only pastry I'd eat. I like Greek yogurt with honey with figs and dates for something sweet. 

Atb j 

Ah yep, forgot about honey, love the stuff. Drizzled over sliced banana on wholemeal toast 🥰 lol 👍

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, shaaark said:

 

To be honest, I just don't have a sweet tooth. Never eat cakes, desserts etc. The mrs and our youngest lad do, so we've been looking at alternatives to the more traditional sweet pancakes.

A bit mad really, because I love strawberries, raspberrys, and all fruit really. But just don't like cakes, desserts etc 

I'm just as happy with a big of trail mix if I have a sweet tooth. A small hand full usually does the trick. 

Can't stand choclate, of any type. Makes me feel ill, crisps the same thing.

Atb j 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Got to be sugar and lemon, missus is always making them for kids with Nutella...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

FFS half you guys should be shot ... 

Should have a roast beef day and feck all the sweet stuff in the bin 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Chid said:

FFS half you guys should be shot ... 

Should have a roast beef day and feck all the sweet stuff in the bin 

Does baked ham and chicken count, instead of the beef LOL 

 

Atb j 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Chid said:

FFS half you guys should be shot ... 

Should have a roast beef day and feck all the sweet stuff in the bin 

Yep, just made a couple of those marmite and cheese pancakes. Thought I'd enjoy em, as I love marmite and cheese, on toast, crumpets, whatever. Nah, I'm just not a pancake person 🤢

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, Rusty_terrier said:

Start everyday with nutella covered pancakes bacon and egg.

 

20200226_165012.jpg

Bacon and eggs looks good.

Atb j 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Chid said:

FFS half you guys should be shot ... 

Should have a roast beef day and feck all the sweet stuff in the bin 

Just ate elk

does that count

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...