new timber (kennel)

on my kennel, all treated so waterproof, should last good 10 years. Had a chippy do it for me he done few jobs before. Nice and warm in there, both dogs got heat lamps, and sleep on horse blankets from of  my  neighbour who keeps horses and alpacas and sheep. They both got there own beds and own space. ?

IMG_20200222_120305.jpg

IMG_20200222_120314.jpg

IMG_20200222_122954.jpg

IMG_20200222_123018.jpg

IMG_20200222_120502.jpg

IMG_20200222_120518.jpg

IMG_20200222_120544.jpg

IMG_20200222_123419.jpgIMG_20200222_120603.jpg

• Like 17

4 minutes ago, MH1 said:

I've got one in the pen, in front of the sleeping box, just a cheapo mesh one from Amazon 

How do you rate them mate I bought 2 off eBay for £18 each I’ve not put them up yet I was just thinking of getting the dogs off the ground of the kennel box thought I’d try them as a bit of a gamble should of asked on here first 

7 minutes ago, poxon said:

How do you rate them mate I bought 2 off eBay for £18 each I’ve not put them up yet I was just thinking of getting the dogs off the ground of the kennel box thought I’d try them as a bit of a gamble should of asked on here first 

If it's warm enough the dog will be outside on that, never seen him on the floor since I got it

• Like 1

Could you not save a few bob by letting them share the same sleeping quarters? They would keep each other warm and you would only  need one heat lamp. Mine will share but they are mother and daughter so less likely to fight.

46 minutes ago, jukel123 said:

Could you not save a few bob by letting them share the same sleeping quarters? They would keep each other warm and you would only  need one heat lamp. Mine will share but they are mother and daughter so less likely to fight.

My Bitches share but you can’t give them any on the bone meat or any treats to keep them occupied some times there scrap/dispute over spots to sleep tbh honest it’s not worth the risk even more so with dogs your asking for trouble especially if it’s powerful types or if one decides it wants to be Alfa to the old dog that won’t give in easy one of my mates had his younger male nearly killed a older male over nothing probably over sleeping spot luck he was home when it kicked off to Go and stop the scrap the he said the old dog would be dead else he said his young dog was intent on killing the old dog . My young pup and her aunt will be separated very soon I even recon now if that pup of mine kicked off she’d kill my 2yr old bitch she’s a strong firey little f****r I think with how she’s built she’d make short work of my other bitch

• Like 1
3 hours ago, poxon said:

My Bitches share but you can’t give them any on the bone meat or any treats to keep them occupied some times there scrap/dispute over spots to sleep tbh honest it’s not worth the risk even more so with dogs your asking for trouble especially if it’s powerful types or if one decides it wants to be Alfa to the old dog that won’t give in easy one of my mates had his younger male nearly killed a older male over nothing probably over sleeping spot luck he was home when it kicked off to Go and stop the scrap the he said the old dog would be dead else he said his young dog was intent on killing the old dog . My young pup and her aunt will be separated very soon I even recon now if that pup of mine kicked off she’d kill my 2yr old bitch she’s a strong firey little f****r I think with how she’s built she’d make short work of my other bitch

spot on,  old bryn is top dog , only because now Buck lets him , you here few growls etc from Buck , when bryn  want to go in B uck side  for what ever reason. But 100 % there better of with there own space , Buck not  dog aggressive , he dont want to fight any dog , but i honestly  believe  if shove come to push , and he got to fight another dog , he either kill it or damage it very bad, he fit powerful 90 lb dog with very strong jaw, no there better off with there own space. and it be spot on if i ever get another lurcher pup ,   they settle alot quicker with there own space, but still see the other dog to make them feel secure  .:good:

• Like 2