Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
keepdiggin

foxes and cats

Recommended Posts


If you notice around July August time lot of cats go missing I put it down to vixens taking cats for their fast growing Cubs especially urban foxes because field mice birds ect are not enough for them was asked to dig litter of Cubs on a farm few years back dug them with a terrier just behind the farm in one of the entrances was an orange and white cat along with usual bits of crow mice ect that farm is only half a mile from a small housing estate  

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A big old Tom will be a match for a Fox most days I would say but for younger cats finding there way they will have it hard with the foxes 

those London cat things were definitely the work of foxes or stray dogs 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, THE STIFFMEISTER said:

A big old Tom will be a match for a Fox most days I would say but for younger cats finding there way they will have it hard with the foxes 

those London cat things were definitely the work of foxes or stray dogs 

There were around 300 cats taken mate, would be more likely a pack of wolves than fox’s or feral dog🙀

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, pengelli said:

If you notice around July August time lot of cats go missing I put it down to vixens taking cats for their fast growing Cubs especially urban foxes because field mice birds ect are not enough for them was asked to dig litter of Cubs on a farm few years back dug them with a terrier just behind the farm in one of the entrances was an orange and white cat along with usual bits of crow mice ect that farm is only half a mile from a small housing estate  

DCs video is the normal outcome of fox cat encounters it’s to much risk of injury to the fox to take a cat, I,ve killed a lot of feral cats over the years and they can make a mess of a good dog even 🦊

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, Greyman said:

There were around 300 cats taken mate, would be more likely a pack of wolves than fox’s or feral dog🙀

You not think it was more the knack of a vulpine who’s adapted to killing them quickly ?? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Seen the same situation about 30 years ago out lamping traveling home down back lanes saw fox shaking big ginger cat in the middle of road,foxes head covered in blood probably from injuries he sustained from cat

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Council estate near Bournemouth crack of dawn, seen a cat and a fox walking down the middle of the road like they were best mates....

Also saw a vid the other day made me smile I'll try and find it...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, THE STIFFMEISTER said:

A big old Tom will be a match for a Fox most days I would say but for younger cats finding there way they will have it hard with the foxes 

those London cat things were definitely the work of foxes or stray dogs 

true mate, you get some big old Tom's  , that fight even big dogfox , i think most foxes prob leave them alone, save getting hurt to much . good vid though  , that fox didnt kill it quick though did it .?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, pengelli said:

If you notice around July August time lot of cats go missing I put it down to vixens taking cats for their fast growing Cubs especially urban foxes because field mice birds ect are not enough for them was asked to dig litter of Cubs on a farm few years back dug them with a terrier just behind the farm in one of the entrances was an orange and white cat along with usual bits of crow mice ect that farm is only half a mile from a small housing estate  

DCs video is the normal outcome of fox cat encounters it’s to much risk of injury to the fox to take a cat, I,ve killed a lot of feral cats over the years and they can make a mess of a good dog even 🦊

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, THE STIFFMEISTER said:

You not think it was more the knack of a vulpine who’s adapted to killing them quickly ?? 

Would be surprised mate and I did speak to a couple of people who had lost cats up there and they were more mutilated than eaten, the official government report said it was fox’s but the people involved said it wasn’t and the police were just shirking there responsibility by blaming fox’s, bit of a mystery that one??? 👍👍

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Greyman said:

DCs video is the normal outcome of fox cat encounters it’s to much risk of injury to the fox to take a cat, I,ve killed a lot of feral cats over the years and they can make a mess of a good dog even 🦊

my old American bulldog killed over 20 cats mate never made a mess of him

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...