Vote carefully Irish people

• Replies 271
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

So who's in charge now, is Leo out?  The Irish language should be taught in schools, it's the native tongue after all, an it's no way dying out, there's a couple of good Irish schools in my area

I'll put it this way. My families name goes back to 1014 in this country, and I'm sure they spoke irish, and I'm not willing to let it die with me. My 7 week old granddaughter is spoken to in iri

Posted Images

Just now, Lenmcharristar said:

They only interested in 2 things, United ireland and Irish language act

I'm a fluent irish speaker. It's my first language, speak it every day with everyone I meet. But outside my aera where I'm from, it's useless, because no one else can speak it.

They be better off working on something else more worth while.

Atb j 

• Haha 1
1 minute ago, jetro said:

I'm a fluent irish speaker. It's my first language, speak it every day with everyone I meet. But outside my aera where I'm from, it's useless, because no one else can speak it.

Atb j 

But nobody has ever said they can’t learn it, it’s not illegal to learn so it’s a waste of money in my mind too.

5 minutes ago, jetro said:

Atb j 

Is it not taught in schools like Welsh?

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Lenmcharristar said:

But nobody has ever said they can’t learn it, it’s not illegal to learn so it’s a waste of money in my mind too.

See, that I don’t agree with mate.

My boy is obviously useless other than a few words but his teacher is pretty relaxed about him.

However, I think it’s a fine and noble thing for a country to want to retain its culture and language and start with the youth......I only wish we did it in Britain.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
Just now, MH1 said:

Is it not taught in schools like Welsh?

Yes it is, Gale scoíls.

All the schools around here, every thing is in irish, everyone here speaks irish. I'm not talking for the whole country, just where i am.

But irish is taught, but there talk of striking it off the books.

Atb j 

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, WILF said:

My boy is obviously useless other than a few words but his teacher is pretty relaxed about him.

However, I think it’s a fine and noble thing for a country to want to retain its culture and language and start with the youth......I only wish we did it in Britain.

Did you know that the Germans if it easier to learn irish than English. Thsts what a few Germans told me anyway.

Any j

1 minute ago, WILF said:

Wilf up here in Belfast we were taught french and the only use I’ve had for it was helping the younger pass her GCSEs thats it, I know what you mean by keeping the countries past alive but Irish galic is spoken nowhere other that Ireland, it’s not gona be any use in business internationally other that selling pocheen

• Haha 1
1 minute ago, jetro said:

Yes it is, Gale scoíls.

All the schools around here, every thing is in irish, everyone here speaks irish. I'm not talking for the whole country, just where i am.

But irish is taught, but there talk of striking it off the books.

Atb j 

I hope they don’t mate, one thing Ireland could certainly teach the UK is how to embrace and cherish its culture.

Flags flying outside the schools, history of its nation and its language.

No greater thing for a people to learn

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
1 minute ago, WILF said:

I hope they don’t mate, one thing Ireland could certainly teach the UK is how to embrace and cherish its culture.

Flags flying outside the schools, history of its nation and its language.

No greater thing for a people to learn

I’d rather my kids be taught Irish than the language of poofy lgbtrsturbo freaks

• Thanks 1
2 minutes ago, Lenmcharristar said:

Wilf up here in Belfast we were taught french and the only use I’ve had for it was helping the younger pass her GCSEs thats it, I know what you mean by keeping the countries past alive but Irish galic is spoken nowhere other that Ireland, it’s not gona be any use in business internationally other that selling pocheen

Somethings have a value mate, your roots are one matter imho......bollocks to what anyone else is doing. 

I have to agree with wilf. 

Once you loose your culture and tradition, you have lost your identity. 

Our language is over a millennia old, in one forum or another, it would be a shame to loose it.

Atb j 

• Like 3
1 hour ago, dogmandont said:

Your one or the other wilf in my opinion, either you’re Irish or British fcuk that sitting on the fence malarkey and nail your colours to the mast. 

???

I get called a bigot for doing that 

1200px-Flag_of_the_Orange_Order_svg.png.72ed984e22351965de437c4e07e2e547.png

8 minutes ago, Lenmcharristar said:

I’ve a few friends fluent in Irish and my brother being another can’t see a problem with it myself len, it’s or heritage and culture.