New Year... New Gun - I Need You!

Good morning to all,

I have been a member of this forum for many many years but since the birth of my daughter (7 years ago) my shooting time has become very hit and miss and interests were focused on my match fishing, but... I have a little more time these days and my love for field sports / hunting have never left so i have decided i am going to return to the sport (having to create a new forum account as i cant remember my previous credentials or email, oops).

So with the new year and my reintroduction to the sport i have talked myself into a new rifle, rejoining my local club and trying my chances at getting some of my old permissions back with my continued aim to gain my FAC once again, i currently own my early serial Rapid 7 Mk1 and she has never let me down (appart from when i tried and failed to service it myself with a T.R.Robb valve...), showing her age somewhat now and the buddy bottle valve is in dire need of TLC.

Moving on...

I am feeling a bit of unexpected love for A Bullpup style gun, specifically the Cricket in .22 flavor but i dont think the cocking action being under my chin is going to be much help so that takes me to the realms of the Wildcat; but then i read so many bad comments on the FX and always seem to lead back to Crickets or Vulcan's, so i am here today to try and get some real world unbiased (ok, maybe slightly seeing as nobody owns a bad gun) comments and help on to what rifles i should be looking at - Back garden plinking (upto 30 yards), Range shooting both indoor and out, Pest control.

Also once that is ironed out i would like to hear feedback of anyone who has bought from Krale, the pricing is quite a bit cheaper than my local shops, it is convenient to order online from a purchase point of view, understand that we have the returns palava if an issue occurs and i love the dutch accent :-), one other question on that, what is the deal with them potentiality sending out an FAC powered gun? i have a Chorny so i would run it through on receipt but are they obliged to tune them down for EG for the UK Market. - private messages for this matter perhaps? 

Thank you to anyone who takes their time to read this and an extra special thanks to anyone that responds :-)

Martin.

• Like 1

Ill never own another Kral as long as i live the Kral puncher was a load of sh*t

did every thing i could to it re,crowned it along with every thing else i did

turned out the barrel along with a few 100 others were fecked

and as for FX wild cat my good friend Si Brown had one and rates them 100 percent 

and yes the mag on the wild cat is a faff but so is the FX Crown and impact even more so than the wild cat

Every rifle has its hatters and its lovers its down to you to see what group your in .

The Kal puncher is a stunning rifle to look at with a stunning walnut stock i gave £400 for it new

and gave it away to a mate on here for £0 and he is a top tuner of rifles as well

and he could not sort it out .

atvbmac:thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

P250312_11.28_[02].jpg

P070412_19.54.jpg

I wouldn't be put off the cocking on a cricket and your in the best part of the country to pick up a second hand bargain with them being sold at Cheshire gun room,,,,

always liked the crickets but I can say I really miss my wildcat and have been tempted to go get one in .25fac yeah there only an 8 shot mag but there a doddle to fill in the dark compared to the impact mag. 

impacts are good but to expensive if its going to be sub12. 

know a few lads who buy from Krale, you can ask them to sub 12 stuff and they will but you'll also get the bits that they swapped out

• Like 2

Like Si, I have a .25 FX Impact fac which is cracking and never fails to put a smile on my face.

I have owned two FX Wildcats, .177 and .22 and loved them. They are a dream to walk around with, tack drivers, light as a feather (2.6kg) and around 250 shots per fill. What is not to like............................................the mag is only 8 shot and I would have thought the only improvement to make is a bigger mag. Wish I had not sold mine but I needed the money to buy the Impact.

Don't believe all the rubbish about FX being unreliable, there are always the odd issue but most of the issues on Impacts were people messing with them.

Good luck in whatever to choose.

Phil

I've bought from them many times,  excellent service via Dennis, totally outstanding service, you won't go wrong with a Vulcan, I've had them all, the best of the lot was the gen4 , that gun was the most accurate,  comfortable gun I've ever own.

Rapid delivery from them aswell.

• Like 1
4 hours ago, bigmac 97kt said:

Ill never own another Kral as long as i live the Kral puncher was a load of sh*t

did every thing i could to it re,crowned it along with every thing else i did

turned out the barrel along with a few 100 others were fecked

and as for FX wild cat my good friend Si Brown had one and rates them 100 percent 

and yes the mag on the wild cat is a faff but so is the FX Crown and impact even more so than the wild cat

Every rifle has its hatters and its lovers its down to you to see what group your in .

The Kal puncher is a stunning rifle to look at with a stunning walnut stock i gave £400 for it new

and gave it away to a mate on here for £0 and he is a top tuner of rifles as well

and he could not sort it out .

atvbmac:thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

P250312_11.28_[02].jpg

P070412_19.54.jpg

Jimmy , the lad is not referring to the sh1t maker kral, 

He's asking about the dealer I deal with in the Netherlands!

• Sad 1
11 hours ago, sh4d0w said:

Thank you both for your reply. 

Certainly puts a spanner in the works and brings FX back to the fight. 

What made you give up the cat for the impact? 

I had a Rapid .22 fac which was good but a bit heavy and then one day in the rfd, he had an impact sub 12 .22 s/h come in so I popped into the shop's 25mt range to have a few shots with it. My god, once in the shoulder, you cannot fail to see how good they feel, just something about them and I had to have one.

They have a customer with far more money than sense who buys a new gun then puts it in the shop to sell and buys another gun the exact same. He brought in a three month old .25 fac, it was love at first sight and my pal had my Rapid. I must tell you that about 6 weeks later the guy went into the rfd and bought another Impact .25fac....................WTF.

I do miss the Wildcat though and would like one in .22 fac. My sub 12 Wildcats were used on rats and rabbits but the ratting nights were a pain with a great many shots so constantly changing mags but they was the only times the small mags annoyed me. Superb guns manufactured by a superb company.

Phil

• Like 1
32 minutes ago, villaman said:

Phil , my mates .22 FAC wild cat is really good and shooting slugs brilliantly and running @ 34 ftlbs with H&N 21gr slugs ??

Just out of interest, and assuming that this has a standard barrel, how do they compare to pellets at 34 ftlbs?

18 hours ago, sh4d0w said:

Thank you both for your reply. 

Certainly puts a spanner in the works and brings FX back to the fight. 

What made you give up the cat for the impact? 

The cat was sub 12 in .22 brilliant for farmyard ratting and the woods!

i traded it in when I got my ticket, the lad at shop gave me what I paid for it so the impact didn’t hit the wallet quite as hard?

7 hours ago, Dervburner said:

Just out of interest, and assuming that this has a standard barrel, how do they compare to pellets at 34 ftlbs?

With H&N slugs you do not need a slug liner . Slugs have a higher bc , H&N slugs are around .09bc   Which will be better at longer range and be far better in wind 

I use slugs all the time in . 22 FAC and so does my mate in his wildcat , can’t see me going back to pellets in FAC and can’t wait for the .25 slugs to come available 

• Like 2