American bowfishing

There is guides you can hire.I think it's around $2000.I would recommend a saltwater bowfishing trip if any of y'all ever travel to Florida it's roughly $100 per person all gear provided.Stingray are fun to shoot and put up a fight.These are pictures from a family trip in October.As you can see Me, little brother and the ole man still enjoy bowfishing as a family.The little fish is a barracuda.We had a blast.My sister and sister in law also shot several but they would kill me if I posted their pics.If any of y'all travel to Southeastern USA I would be glad to take you out for freshwater fish.Hope y'all enjoy.

Screenshot_20200129-164825.png

Screenshot_20200129-164754.png

Screenshot_20200129-164638.png

Screenshot_20200129-164609.png

Screenshot_20200129-164532.png

Screenshot_20200129-164450.png

Screenshot_20200129-164350.png

Screenshot_20200129-164205.png

• Like 6

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Sorry for the quality of this picture.My father shot this with a bow.Then we pulled the string and came right to us at which point I harpooned him(mop handle with broadhead attached) It was attached t

I hope this is the right place to post this.I bowfish during spring and summer in the same swamps I dig in the winter.Hope y'all enjoy.

There is guides you can hire.I think it's around $2000.I would recommend a saltwater bowfishing trip if any of y'all ever travel to Florida it's roughly $100 per person all gear provided.Stingray are

Posted Images

Excellent thread, thanks for posting, it looks like great sport, I can’t imagine what it’s like having a gaitor on the end of your line ?

crazy thing is I have family live in Florida on Jupiter inlet and I’ve never  been over to see them, they keep saying I would love it.

I would recommend going to Florida if you enjoy fishing of any kind.The morning before we went bowfishing me and little brother jumped the surf in kayaks and paddled 3 miles out to a wreck to catch red snapper.You can see the shore if you look closely in first picture.

1787.jpeg

1784.jpeg

• Like 4

No we didnt.The ones that were clean shot through wing were released.The ones that were dead and the barracuda was saved and used for our kayak shark excursions.During day we troll baits with them but it's better at night.At night we just run the baits out with kayak about 200 yards.Then return to shore.We have not landed anything of size but we are confident this is our spring.

Screenshot_20200204-191515.png.331a4144b65ceb04b02ba8f54bc46e7f.png

Sometimes using stingray for bait you will just catch a bigger one lol It's actually called a skate.

Screenshot_20200204-191556.png.339072fc019bf723a5e57d1015a701b9.png

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
On 05/02/2020 at 01:20, Rickshaw swami said:

No we didnt.The ones that were clean shot through wing were released.The ones that were dead and the barracuda was saved and used for our kayak shark excursions.During day we troll baits with them but it's better at night.At night we just run the baits out with kayak about 200 yards.Then return to shore.We have not landed anything of size but we are confident this is our spring.

Screenshot_20200204-191515.png.331a4144b65ceb04b02ba8f54bc46e7f.png

Sometimes using stingray for bait you will just catch a bigger one lol It's actually called a skate.

Screenshot_20200204-191556.png.339072fc019bf723a5e57d1015a701b9.png

Skate is good eating. It's actually why I was asking about the stingrays, wondered if  they'd be the same

• Like 2

I’m off to Florida on Thursday, packed my ugly stick . Can’t wait to start fishing for Jack crevalle on the beach . Going down to key west and plan on fishing on the way . First stop is the basspro shop at Dania beach , the Mrs doesn’t know yet . I plan on a Goliath grouper charter . Watch this space , hopefully post some pics . 

• Like 1

Sabiki rig to catch bait.put live baitfish on hook and give it a fling.I would recommend reading some of Florida laws.In order to technically shark fish from beach you need to take a 20 minute course online but no big deal.if you play with line you can get your bait to swim way out.this works better with out going tide.If tide is coming in you might need to tie a light fishing line to bottom of hook and attach a rock 3 feet down.When big fish takes it he will cut the light fishing line.Hope this helps.If your going on full moon or new moon definitely try some night fishing.I have no experience in the keys but have fished most of the mainland hope this helps.

• Thanks 1
12 hours ago, Rickshaw swami said:

Sabiki rig to catch bait.put live baitfish on hook and give it a fling.I would recommend reading some of Florida laws.In order to technically shark fish from beach you need to take a 20 minute course online but no big deal.if you play with line you can get your bait to swim way out.this works better with out going tide.If tide is coming in you might need to tie a light fishing line to bottom of hook and attach a rock 3 feet down.When big fish takes it he will cut the light fishing line.Hope this helps.If your going on full moon or new moon definitely try some night fishing.I have no experience in the keys but have fished most of the mainland hope this helps.

I’m not going to target shark . I’ve only got my spinning set up . I’m going to try for some small fresh water species in the canals and whatever I can get on the beach in the morning.  I’ve been on the Florida fishing website , I’m going to get my license from outdoor world . I have familiarised myself with some of the laws and regulations. My wife is bringing a book and her knitting and I’ve got my rod and reel . Looking forward to relaxing in the sun and eating well . We have had a rough couple of years and not been able to travel overseas . This is going to be  a very welcome holiday . Thanks for your advice .... it’s going to be an adventure.

• Like 4

We were going to go to florida  for our honeymoon, but as we already had kids (got that bit the wrong way round) we decided we couldn't leave them for long so we put the florida trip on hold.... I had been saving up and was either going to do a hog trip or a gator trip while I was there. Now we hope to visit with the kids one year. 

Brilliant thread, great to see ?

• 1 month later...
On 20/03/2020 at 19:57, Rickshaw swami said:

Weather has not cooperated for bowfishing so far.Me and my daughter went out last night right before a storm and she shot her 2 best buffalo ever.We both went home smiling.Had to edit photos as there is some sick people out there.

Screenshot_20200320-144117.png.03d21fdc4fcd352542220ad0bb2ebad7.png

Screenshot_20200320-144223.png.f15a04366bff1d97e062cc283d7c2ba1.png

Screenshot_20200320-144000.png.60ed58bf4afb527cd25bfdf8a837a71b.png

Screenshot_20200320-143903.png.680b21a9252a8dea359c873cffee2d39.png

Nice shooting, we were in Florida a few yrs ago and I done a bit of bass fishing, had a great days sport, next time we go back to the USA I fancy some lake trout or wild rainbow fishing or maybe even some muskies. Love America, outdoors man paradise