• Replies 479
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Heres a few bits mate. The red stuff is Buffalo leather.

i made a good few of these  

Some pics of the work he's completed this week  AJL leather craft 

Posted Images

Yes mate? this belt is off a Abbey harness back because they were not getting the backs coming in from Sedgwicks. It was a bit cheaper aswell. I believe the bloke who owns Abbey is also one of the Sedgwick owners..

I bought the Harness back cos its longer and you can get 6ft leads off it. 

1 hour ago, jeemes said:

Yes mate? this belt is off a Abbey harness back because they were not getting the backs coming in from Sedgwicks. It was a bit cheaper aswell. I believe the bloke who owns Abbey is also one of the Sedgwick owners..

I bought the Harness back cos its longer and you can get 6ft leads off it. 

It looks decent, on a par with Sedgwicks would you say, I heard Abbey had some involvement with Sedgwicks 

Yes I would say so, but Im no expert. I think the Oakbark beats them all though really but it is is pricey, but then thats because it takes longer to tan. It just gets better with age.

• Like 1
37 minutes ago, jeemes said:

Yes I would say so, but Im no expert. I think the Oakbark beats them all though really but it is is pricey, but then thats because it takes longer to tan. It just gets better with age.

I've seen the oak bark russet patina to a dark brown over time, it's class stuff, but the Sedgwicks looks around the same price per half bridle

You could ask them both to send you samples. If youve never had the Oak bark its worth the money and I dont think you would regret it though. I thought it was dearer than Sedgwicks but I havnt bought any off them for a bit.

12 hours ago, jeemes said:

You could ask them both to send you samples. If youve never had the Oak bark its worth the money and I dont think you would regret it though. I thought it was dearer than Sedgwicks but I havnt bought any off them for a bit.

I've got a half bridle from Bakers, I'm going to make some belts soon hopefully

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...