Fishing Comp 2020

Talked to Dave at the fishery today...

Anyone wanting static caravans need to order ASAP as they are taking orders quickly...

I've said Ken will want the normal van he has...

Hes setting aside the top 3 pounds for us so we will have plenty of room for fishing, I think that's around 35 swims, we'll peg it so there is space on each pond...I doubt more than 25 will fish...

• Like 7
  • 6 months later...

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Ok All Link to Virgin Giving page below: https://uk.virginmoneygiving.com/Team/THLLuccombesCharityFishingComp Total raised on the night and paid in today was £1438.00 (with gift aid £17

Fukcing excellent weekend again, extra shout out to Daniel Cain who did a 5 hour round trip in a borrowed motor to drop off the pink robe, a bottle, a print and a £100 donation ? Thanks to all at

Missed this picture yesterday, I think it sums the whole weekend up in one go.

Posted Images

Using the correct thread (this one) is it all still going ahead?

Do we get to pick which lakes we fish or is it done by drawing numbers? I need to read up on what's in each lake so can fine tune my tactics accordingly. (Size 14 hook or size 16) :laugh:

4 hours ago, Balaur said:

Haha, all still going ahead, spoke to them the other week, the social area will be up nearer the shop so that other guests can socially isolate etc. I doubt you can chose your lake mate but keV will inform you no doubt. Looking forwards to it now....

I've been in contact to book my bed chair again ? they've had a baby boy 5 weeks back also and are very much looking forward to us all coming again ?

Cheers, D.

• Like 5
  • 2 weeks later...

Yeah all on lads,

It will be a draw for swims so down to luck where you fish.

We can have a sort out on what ponds we fish once we are there and no definite numbers.. 

• Like 3
On 02/08/2020 at 17:01, NEWKID said:

Yeah all on lads,

It will be a draw for swims so down to luck where you fish.

We can have a sort out on what ponds we fish once we are there and no definite numbers.. 

So, to clarify, someone could come to the comp with a 3m whip and 1 1/2lb line and draw the carp lake, and someone else could turn up with size 4 hooks and 12lb line and draw the silver fish lake. ?

1 hour ago, walshie said:

So, to clarify, someone could come to the comp with a 3m whip and 1 1/2lb line and draw the carp lake, and someone else could turn up with size 4 hooks and 12lb line and draw the silver fish lake. ?

Yep...

But I'm sure we'll sort anyone out with the right tackle...or even rig the draw if someone gets real emotional about it...

Just to clarify, the silver fish lake is full of big bream.and lots of tench... no need to fish light, i think i had around 45lb out of it last year never put a maggot on the hook... it ain't a tiddler snatching pool...

Edited by NEWKID
  • Like 2
On 03/08/2020 at 23:29, NEWKID said:

Yep...

But I'm sure we'll sort anyone out with the right tackle...or even rig the draw if someone gets real emotional about it...

Just to clarify, the silver fish lake is full of big bream.and lots of tench... no need to fish light, i think i had around 45lb out of it last year never put a maggot on the hook... it ain't a tiddler snatching pool...

There’s normally only four or five guys that want to fish the carp lake so just do two separate draws one for the carp lake and one for the silver fish lake which means everybody fishes the lake they want. Simples ......

• Like 1
1 minute ago, socks said:

There’s normally only four or five guys that want to fish the carp lake so just do two separate draws one for the carp lake and one for the silver fish lake which means everybody fishes the lake they want. Simples ......

f**k the carp lake.... I went from Hero to Zero?I'm happy fishing for bits this yr?

• Haha 1
4 minutes ago, Daniel cain said:

f**k the carp lake.... I went from Hero to Zero?I'm happy fishing for bits this yr?

Sorry once you start on the carp lake you must stay on the carp lake ???

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
1 hour ago, socks said:

I'm easy mate... the carp lake only has small carp in the main in it, its not specimen fishing by any stretch... you could fish the same tactics on any of the ponds with similar results...

It's supposed to be match fishing....these bloody carp boys ruin everything!! Lol

• Haha 2
1 hour ago, Daniel cain said:

Yeah, its mad the day before you were bagging up on the same lake!! Lol..

Everyone thinks the "silver" fish lake is full of bits, but you can fish for bream and tench on heavier gear!

• Like 1
48 minutes ago, NEWKID said:

Yeah, its mad the day before you were bagging up on the same lake!! Lol..

Everyone thinks the "silver" fish lake is full of bits, but you can fish for bream and tench on heavier gear!

Didn't have a bite on the day of the match?day before I was wrangling fish from every lake?

• Haha 2