Sign in to follow this  
SheepChaser

Looking for the right Stud dog.

All dogs of any cross can bang there feet up or get injured! its silly to suggest otherwise.

• Like 2

But you dont reckon some are more prone to it than others joe ? 

I found you could run heavy dogs like half x in woods and that with alot less risks to injury than the coursing dogs aswell. No reason i can think off 

1 minute ago, C.green said:

But you dont reckon some are more prone to it than others joe ? 

I found you could run heavy dogs like half x in woods and that with alot less risks to injury than the coursing dogs aswell. No reason i can think off 

Lots of variable but can also depend on style, for instance a Kamikaze style dog will always get banged up and injured more than a steady runner. Ive had both types out of the same litter.

4 minutes ago, joe ox said:

All dogs of any cross can bang there feet up or get injured! its silly to suggest otherwise.

Joe you have a saluki x they run different on average to a bull x 

a saluki isn’t beating the ground it slows up on some land turn up speed on others they run clever so not to damage there self 

a bull x run same on plow seed stony land even the road they powerfull runners that equals a knocked up dog 

no one can truthfully tell me a 1/4 bull 3/4 grey doesn’t get banged up more then a saluki cross and the 1/4 bull 3/4 grey only cross worth a carrot any way 

• Haha 3

2 minutes ago, mC HULL said:

Joe you have a saluki x they run different on average to a bull x 

a saluki isn’t beating the ground it slows up on some land turn up speed on others they run clever so not to damage there self 

a bull x run same on plow seed stony land even the road they powerfull runners that equals a knocked up dog 

no one can truthfully tell me a 1/4 bull 3/4 grey doesn’t get banged up more then a saluki cross and the 1/4 bull 3/4 grey only cross worth a carrot any way 

The point is all dogs can get banged up your just tempting fate to suggest otherwise, I see more coursing types at the bone man getting checked over because injured than most other types.

Don't sit on the fence lol, flint can damage any dog, got to have a bit of luck , heavier dogs probably got less chance of remaining injury free as more weight and stress on joints tendons etc. Dogs brought up on the ground they run, forest or moor would normally have a bit more savvy, depends how the dog throws, too many variables in my mind to call that?...

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, mC HULL said:

You replied as I did joe I agree and which cross is the kamikaze runner 

Greyhounds are the worst, some just forget to stop 😂

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, joe ox said:

The point is all dogs can get banged up your just tempting fate to suggest otherwise, I see more coursing types at the bone man getting checked over because injured than most other types.

Little things show behind an hare 

lamping them same dogs would look sound 

I’ve had bitches come in season couldn’t kill a hare

still looking 100 percent lamping 

Edited by mC HULL
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, joe ox said:

Greyhounds are the worst, some just forget to stop 😂

The carry back to the car is when you no you should a been fitter lol

1 hour ago, C.green said:

Ive run both types on flinty ground bull x deffo last abit longer. 

no chance, l ran some of the fllntlest land ln the llnc's wold's for years, hardly a scratch.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, two crows said:

no chance, l ran some of the fllntlest land ln the llnc's wold's for years, hardly a scratch.

Hampshire (diamonds)  is the place for flint and modern farm machinery can leave fields glistening with razors. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Balaur said:

Hampshire (diamonds)  is the place for flint and modern farm machinery can leave fields glistening with razors. 

some of the land we ran looked ready for tarmac lol .

• Haha 2

Re banging dog’s feet up.

I have had a variety of folk here, with a variety of dogs, and on some ground (which we don’t bother running any more), pretty much every type has gone home limping.

Any dog that hits some of the flint here wrong will cut its feet, that’s a fact.

On other ground, it’s probably as much or more to do with the individual dog, it’s running style and just how well those feet are built.

For the record I see hares every single day, and night. Other than as a bit of exercise for the dogs, I’m not overly interested in them. Fully respect the dogs and men that commit themselves to hunting them regular in the day time, and love watching it, and I feel that blood has a lot to offer a lamping dog for me.

So if anyone knows a big, fast, strong coursing dog, with good feet, plenty of wind, a decent temp and that is a b*****d for killing fox and deer. . . . Let me know. 

• Like 1