Looking for the right Stud dog.

38 minutes ago, poxon said:

If the dogs to be a point aim dog your definitely not go wrong with a saluki greyhound bull greyhound I know a couple of guys running this cross at the minute there take any rabbits if it’s moving there catch em! They make good serviceable runners in the right hands one I get out with don’t think we blanked once with it so far this season always a entertaining dog to watch run as well

they are deff good x , ive always said you need another breed in the mix to pit x grey , the other breed more so the saluki , give better stamina , agility , and better recovery  from each run . ok if your only after  1 quarry  and dog on the lead most of the night,  or slip from a motor , but on foot lot of walking, a dog got to handle long night , that what i like about my big dog Buck,  when fit will put in  long hard night, a gsd as natural agilty/stamina , not like saluki , but like a collie . thats another good x pit x grey x collie x grey, same again you need the extra 3rd breed .  i do like 1x pit x grey, the best ive seen was 1x staff x grey  his wind was ok, but he was more for round holes most time,  my 1/4 pit 3/4 grey was fast  and not bad wind , but not as good as Buck got , suppose it what, and how you work the dog that counts  ;) 

• Like 1

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hello All, Ive not been on here in a long long time. Some of you may remember me, most probably won’t. Anyway, cutting to the chase, I have decided that after this season I want to breed my

Sheep chaser knows where to look if he wants to find what hes after. Few nice pups about if ya dont want the aggro of a litter.      

Posted Images

One mans treasure is another mans trash , saluki grey bull grey wouldn’t suit me what so ever now , and neither would my old bitch that the mother to the bitch in question hence why I rehomed the sister to her , and my dogs don’t suit where the original poster is horses for courses but I do like a collie bull grey , my pointer X is tough as old boots mind ! But you can’t replace what bulls bring to the table 

• Like 3
On ‎05‎/‎01‎/‎2020 at 18:38, SheepChaser said:

Hello All,

Ive not been on here in a long long time. Some of you may remember me, most probably won’t.

Anyway, cutting to the chase, I have decided that after this season I want to breed my bitch. And I’m hoping someone on here can point me in the direction of the right sire, most of my very small group of friends either keep bitches or not the sort of dog im looking to use. I have one option currently, which is a dog I go out with, but it’s always worth having a look about.

What I’m looking for is a coursing type dog, big, at least 26”, fast and with plenty of stamina and good bone. Nothing too light, but also must have the legs to carry him. And preferably the type with the kind of heart that will die trying kill what you put in front of it and will run through a wall to get to it. 

The bitch I want to put it over is 9/16 grey and 7/16 bull. She’s about 25/26” and pretty strongly built. She does well enough for me.

The ground I’m running is mostly big 100 acre plus arable fields, no fences, hedges etc. Hence the choice of sire, I want to add that bit more pace, bit more stamina, and I want pups at least get size or bigger and I don’t want to lose that bull x drive, if anything I want more hahaha but that’s just me.

I am extremely out of the loop and pretty much keep myself to myself, my dogs and the half dozen folk I met on here many many moons ago who I still go out with regular. Hence posting on here now.

Thanks in advance and I hope everyone is having a good season.

B33DD29D-1529-414A-8644-0D8AF903B631.jpeg

she's a very nice looking bitch, hope you find the right dog for her, atb

• Like 1
On 07/01/2020 at 08:46, two crows said:

blrd ls not wrong, but a good dog to use lf courslng dog ls your cholce would be a romeo x belle dog belle was same lltter as razor, l llked deerhound lurcher mans chlef ran good clever dog wlth an easy style just what l llke, l mlght try to use hlm on my bltch when l am ready. good luck.

I got a pup off Romeo two crows I’d have another in a drop of a hat fearless switched on pup 61/2. Month old it thinks it ready now 

• Like 1
On 10/01/2020 at 16:59, dogmandont said:

I can only talk about foxes but why any man would even consider adding coursing dog blood into a line of fox dogs is beyond me. 
I’d happily share the petrol with big Ron and even light the fire. 

For one you can walk the land and slip at 100 plus yards  lol save your petrol by not driving the land throwing dogs out windows lol 2 you only have to feed one dog instead a 2 or more and 3 the old wobble after a run be seen a lot less 

2 hours ago, mC HULL said:

I got a pup off Romeo two crows I’d have another in a drop of a hat fearless switched on pup 61/2. Month old it thinks it ready now 

Don’t get ahead if yourself mine was fearless as a pup, as soon as it started getting any real graft it couldn’t jack quick enough 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

For one you can walk the land and slip at 100 plus yards  lol save your petrol by not driving the land throwing dogs out windows lol 2 you only have to feed one dog instead a 2 or more and 3 the old wobble after a run be seen a lot less 

No you’ll need to feed about 5 because every time they run they get injured or bang their feet up 

100 yards plus on a fox 

1 hour ago, two crows said:

l have seen a few dogs run off hlm and they all do the job mate.

Depends what you consider hard work don’t it, mine could run but had a bad coat, shit feet, didn’t have best of mouths & looked keen till it got a proper test then jacked. Seen good ones out of him as well but lad needs to be realistic, it’s a 6 month old pup it could be good, could be biggest bag of shit you’ve ever seen, they all look good before they’ve ran don’t they.

3 hours ago, Shadow100 said:

No you’ll need to feed about 5 because every time they run they get injured or bang their feet up 

can’t see it me self mate it everyday chasing other dogs all sorts a land never had so much as a bleeding toe nail 

a bull x do nothing but bang there feet up mate 

21 minutes ago, mC HULL said:

can’t see it me self mate it everyday chasing other dogs all sorts a land never had so much as a bleeding toe nail 

a bull x do nothing but bang there feet up mate 

Ive run both types on flinty ground bull x deffo last abit longer. 

• Like 1