Sober New Year?

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I packed up drinking when I was 24, now it’s limited to the very rare occasion if I feel like a beer with a meal or some special occasion when it feels right. I have never missed it at all, ever.

Don’t sound sad at all mate.......I’m not sure if I’ve mentioned it on here before  but I don’t drink at all now and realistically can’t ever see myself drinking again......yes there will be times lif

Try these mate. Cheers, D.

Posted Images

21 minutes ago, NEWKID said:

Nothing worse than a drunk straightened out on the gear....iratating as f**k.... few old mates like it, pretend they dont touch the gear, un the toilet every 5 minutes and talking shit at 100 miles an hour....

I know a few that will end up 50+ year old gear heads........ each to their own I suppose, but by f**k they are boring!!

Edited by Accip74
  • Thanks 1
3 minutes ago, ginger beard said:

I'm going to organise a thl drug and drink binge competition for charity.

You'd be welcome.

Not a bad shout that ginger, not that I’d be interested..................... much....?

31 minutes ago, NEWKID said:

I tend to stop for a few months after new year most years...I'm a social drinker only, theres drink here in the cupboard from presents or parties round here that never gets opened...theres alcoholism problems in my family, I know the downsides only too well....I'm lucky I guess in if I have a good night and enjoy myself that's it until the next social...

I know we are all twats one way or another in drink as well, nothing worse than the sober one telking you what a nob you were the night before.... I dont want to know!! Lol

Well done to the lads who have gone completely sober, its not the drink for me I enjoy the social environment...and perhaps its damning on us that it involves drink...like I say well done lads, great will power...keep it up..

My problem was I loved the drinking side of it lol for me getting absolutely battered was my soul aim as soon my lips touched that first sip......nothing (and I mean absolutely nothing) mattered, if I was stood at a bar with half a pint left I’d already be thinking of my next one more than carrying on the random conversation I was having over the bowl of peanuts that people dip their hands in after going for a piss lol

i was pretty f***ing good at drinking tbh, I’d be the first in the pub and the last one out most nights and still be looking for a shop or a session going on after. But when it got so bad I was drinking before work and trying to stop it but failing miserably every time, no money, put on weight, fell out with everyone I could i realised that it wasn’t so clever after all and I should do summat about it lol

And that’s when it hit me how hard it is to actually just say “right no more of that” and stop, I wanted to but just couldn’t no matter what I tried! 

Like at the comp with you and that other guy (Mickc?) drinking that whiskey at 4am on Daniel cains Mitsubishi bonnet lol....everyone else was sparked out cold and done for the weekend but I just never wanted a session to end so would drag it out as far as possible lol when I left you and went to the trailer tent I went to my van and got two cans of Stella out I had stashed in there and drank them while ripping bits of cold muntjac off the leg joint on the barbecue till I’d had enough then went and collapsed in the tent lol

nights like that I do miss but it’s the fact I could just never drink enough to get drunk as everyone else around me that I knew I drank more than most people......I’d see people getting drunk after 6 Stella’s and I’d just be getting going lol

Some will call it weak minded and maybe it is but the facts are alcohol does create its own trap......it takes away the pain that its caused and it’s a never ending circle IF you let it happen and I know I’ll soon go down that road again if I started again so it’s just easier to stay away from it lol

There’s a massive difference between having a drink and being a drinker :thumbs:

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
Just now, W. Katchum said:

I can resist anything except temptation ?

If you don’t mind me asking is drink just not your thing mate, a take it or leave it type or do you have to watch yourself on it?

My dad would never touch spirits because it turned him into a c**t, I only know that because he told me..... he was never bad in front of us tbh. Personnely I only think about my health as I get older drink wise, otherwise I’m harmless in drink....

I packed up drinking when I was 24, now it’s limited to the very rare occasion if I feel like a beer with a meal or some special occasion when it feels right.

I have never missed it at all, ever......one look at these sad c**ts propping up the same 2 ft of bar space that they did when we was young men is enough to put anyone off.

Plus, I think as you get older your tolerance for pricks gets less and less, I don’t have much time for them sober and pissed it would be a disaster.

As for class A, if you are still f***ing about with all that shit in your 40s then you are one sad f****r who should have got out and got amongst it a lot more when you was the right age to be doing it......make no mistake, you look like a prick doing it now ! 

• Like 11
  • Haha 5
17 minutes ago, WILF said:

I packed up drinking when I was 24, now it’s limited to the very rare occasion if I feel like a beer with a meal or some special occasion when it feels right.

I have never missed it at all, ever......one look at these sad c**ts propping up the same 2 ft of bar space that they did when we was young men is enough to put anyone off.

Plus, I think as you get older your tolerance for pricks gets less and less, I don’t have much time for them sober and pissed it would be a disaster.

As for class A, if you are still f***ing about with all that shit in your 40s then you are one sad f****r who should have got out and got amongst it a lot more when you was the right age to be doing it......make no mistake, you look like a prick doing it now ! 

I was out with a few of my good mates 3 or 4 years ago, met a bloke who I've known for years, good lad about 10 years older than me.

We're at the bar, decent working mans pub so all the shit you expect ...we're yapping away and I comment on all the numpty in and out of the bog, I say it's sad a couple of bloke doing lines off a toilet...hardly rock and roll is it .lol

This bloke is agreeing, yeah mate bloody idiots, fools game etc etc...

Anyway we finish yapping, and an hour or so later.i go for a piss... and theres my mate coming out of the bog with another scroat, sees me and flushes red... I just laugh...tell him I dont give a f**k what he does, just sad the denial because you're embarrassed about it...I'd rather someone say..yeah I love it and crack on...I really dont care..

I've a few old mates who got right into it, because they know its not my game they lie and avoid you at times....paranoia must be a c**t..lol

Edited by NEWKID
14 minutes ago, WILF said:

I went in an old haunt a few weeks back to see a mate and the same people were all sat in the same seats drinking and sniffing coke like they were 20 years ago......I sat with them for 15 mins and left thinking how happy I was not to be apart of that crowd anymore as like you say they just look like pricks lol

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
15 minutes ago, WILF said:

f**k you should see the video they filmed of me after 3g of mdma lastmonth.

Honestly.i was so ashsmed of myself.all i could think was if my son saw that he'd lose all respect for me and that was killing me.i looked a mess.the worse i've ever seen anyone.

So now its just coke on a rare occasion.but i'm not 40 yet.phew

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1
1 minute ago, ginger beard said:

Honestly.i was so ashsmed of myself.all i could think was if my son saw that he'd lose all respect for me and that was killing me.i looked a mess.the worse i've ever seen anyone.

I’m glad there was no camera phones at raves back in the 90s - early 00s lol

• Like 2
  • Haha 2
1 minute ago, ginger beard said:

Played in a band s few years back, we had a manager who liked to put anything he could find in his body...

We played a Guilfest and this bloke got a load of MDMA, we were playing on the Sunday afternoon, but decided to do the whole weekend and have a party..me my brother and the manager are sat outside at the end of the Saturday night, we're having a beer and he drops a load of MDMA...20 minutes later he was a right mess, crawling about, urging, talking shit, eyes f***ing wild.. kept saying I'm ok.... didn't look it to me....it was sad to see, he was a 45 year old father of 2....f***ing mess....like most on.here the opportunities are endless with drugs, its everywhere...just not my game...I'm.a piss head at times and that's bad enough.

• Like 1