Lambing time photo diary

Morning all

We start lambing next month & I was wondering if there would be any interest in me doing bit of a weekly photo diary on here, pictures, any questions etc? Or does that sound crap??? ?

Edited by BenBhoy
  • Like 12

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Morning all We start lambing next month & I was wondering if there would be any interest in me doing bit of a weekly photo diary on here, pictures, any questions etc? Or does that sound crap?

One of the most annoying things at lambing is when a ewe rejects her lamb for no good reason. This little lamb was rejected two days ago & been on bottle.    This morning one of the sing

One week to go officially, although none are looking imminent. This is always worse time for me, waiting & also half expecting to find something going wrong (prolapse etc). Keep checkin

Posted Images

36 minutes ago, Stavross said:

What the f*ck are you doing to that poor ewe, you wrong-un, I think you should go for it as long as you don’t put anymore filth like that up ?

Relax; she's smiling!!

Sorted through ewes & grouped depending on how many lambs they carrying and/or BCS. All inside now. We vaccinate 5 weeks before lambing as that way some of the antibodies are passed to lamb via milk. 

Their feed is calculated (fag packet!!) & slowly increases. 

My missus says I'll bore people to tears talking sheep, but any questions please fire away. Cheers. 

20191205_133633.jpg

20191205_160525.jpg

20191206_103142.jpg

• Like 5
11 minutes ago, BenBhoy said:

Sorted through ewes & grouped depending on how many lambs they carrying and/or BCS. All inside now. We vaccinate 5 weeks before lambing as that way some of the antibodies are passed to lamb via milk. 

Their feed is calculated (fag packet!!) & slowly increases. 

My missus says I'll bore people to tears talking sheep, but any questions please fire away. Cheers. 

20191205_133633.jpg

20191205_160525.jpg

20191206_103142.jpg

Looking healthy mate ?

Cheers, D.

• Thanks 1
26 minutes ago, BenBhoy said:

Bit of a sideline this time of year keeps me busy. "Its beginning to look a lot like Christmas"! 

20191209_100618.jpg

How many have you got, they can’t have long to go before they get the chop, my mate used to do about 100 until they had to declare them

12 hours ago, Stavross said:

They look in fine fettle mate, have you had any feet trouble with all this rain, what was your single to twin ratio when you scanned 

For 2nd year running scanning wasn't quite what I wanted but improved on last year - 179%. Lot of theaves this year though. Next year going to lamb a month later which should improve it too. 

Feet wise the ewes have been normal, the odd one that needed treating. They run through formalin bath once every couple of months & any repeat offenders with foot problems get culled. 

• Like 2