Gold recovery and refining

7 minutes ago, sid g said:

i used to put 100 small  items a week on ebay used to list it on a fri pack and post on a monday  , car boots for quick cash , auction for decent gear , and antique fairs for furniture and stuff ,

That makes sense tbf mate......i guess you could say Facebook marketplace is the car boot sale lol

Have you ever been to or heard of the “auto jumble” I think it’s in newark.....that is meant to be good to take all sorts of stuff to but I’ve never been yet, fair trek from here but i should give it a go one weekend

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Gnasher will have a few bits and pieces hanging round from  brinks mat ,see if he'll do you a decent price get you started .

I nip in most I see when I walk past them mate.....never really found much but have come across a few records that might be worth a few quid.....thing is now the charity shops are selling all the good

Sid had an emporium mate....only went there the once, came home with a 2 seater Chesterfield strapped to my roof rack!! Lol

Posted Images

41 minutes ago, Stoney100 said:

did you have your own yard then mate? 

Just a shed mate, had about 15,000 sq ft when I was a young man in my 20s and 30s but reduced it right down to a little place of 1200 sq ft before I packed up.......little shed is always handy to trade out of.

• Like 2
10 minutes ago, WILF said:

Just a shed mate, had about 15,000 sq ft when I was a young man in my 20s and 30s but reduced it right down to a little place of 1200 sq ft before I packed up.......little shed is always handy to trade out of.

Sounds perfect mate, I’d love something like that, will probably need something soon as my neighbours must be sick living next door to a scrap yard down a cul de sac lol no complaints yet tho but like you say to trade properly you need an established base that people know where to go to find you

3 minutes ago, sid g said:

had a walk round years ago car stuff ... done the antique fair there loads of times . 

What sort of antiques are you into mate?.....do you have things you prefer if what’s the story ?

7 minutes ago, WILF said:

What sort of antiques are you into mate?.....do you have things you prefer if what’s the story ?

Sid had an emporium mate....only went there the once, came home with a 2 seater Chesterfield strapped to my roof rack!! Lol

• Like 2
  • Haha 2
1 minute ago, sid g said:

not many people came in the doors and  left empty handed ... 

Mind you my trip cost you....if it wasnt for seeing Fergie you wouldn't have one of these mental Scottish dogs now...lol

1 minute ago, sid g said:

i`m out the job now wilf , but dealt in everything  that you could turn a profit on ... changes so fast you could never stick with one thing , started off doing the car boots , flea markets then the fairs had a unit with a sales area and a small shop in town overheads were killing me so gave it best i just just buy what i know i can sell to my regulars now ,  victorian and farmhouse pine was my main earner but i had customers for everything ,

Sounds nice mate, you miss the too and frow of buying a bit of kit when you don’t do it any more.

I traded most of my bits straight out to a pal over the years because it wasn’t my main game.

Bought and sold a lot of the mid century Charles Eames and all that type of kit over the years......one or two “proper” antiques on occasion, bookcases, drum tables, refractory tables....that kind of thing.

I find myself taking more and more of an interest in all that now I have got a bit bored.

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, sid g said:

i miss it the shop was a bit full on 7 days plus all the hassle of buying stock in and collecting it used to get other dealers calling in with gear and used to sit chatting shit    , enjoyed the fairs 6 weeks buying inbetween fairs  when the van was full used to fill my garage then hire a van miss the buzz from the fairs good earners aswell ,, you cant beat the feeling of buying something and turning a good profit  or sat in the van after the first day of a fair counting your takings , 

Don’t you do any at all now mate? 

1 minute ago, WILF said:

If a pocket full of readies don’t put a smile on a mans face......he’s dead ! Lol 

Even bigger when it’s from doing something that someone sat in an office on a 9-5 said was a waste of time and would never work lol

• Like 1
Just now, sid g said:

bit n bobs i cant help myself  i think once its in you it sticks i bought an antique desk off the car boot because it was fiver i did`nt need and i`ve done feck all with but i just could`nt leave it , i`ll do it and stick it on ebay ...

Been stripping an old pine dresser today as it happens......people who varnish, especially coloured varnish, old pieces should be thrown in the sea ! Lol 

Then I have a rather cute arts & crafts oak display case to put a new back on.

Keeps me busy

• Like 1
Just now, sid g said:

used to love when i had the only big van in the car park at a small auction you knew you could buy all the big furniture cheap ,  

Always have a Luton around me, I just can’t help myself ! Lol 

• Like 2
Just now, Stoney100 said:

I’m the same with a tipper.....should have this for a good few years yet.....my pride and joy and already paid for herself! 

F88E6C8E-50DA-4331-AA57-24A0747AA1D5.jpeg.7de58f95db06d3dd6924eb0af0cbe5fc.jpeg

Haha, I have exactly the same van in exactly the same colour.....except it’s an Ali Luton with barn doors which suits my interests just right.

Always had sprinters, except for one Iveco, don’t like these new motors.....too many electric control systems on them.

The older sprinters and the 3 & 410s were a much better motor.

My old 413 had half a million miles on it when it got nicked ! 

• Like 2
6 minutes ago, WILF said:

Haha, I have exactly the same van in exactly the same colour.....except it’s an Ali Luton with barn doors which suits my interests just right.

Always had sprinters, except for one Iveco, don’t like these new motors.....too many electric control systems on them.

The older sprinters and the 3 & 410s were a much better motor.

My old 413 had half a million miles on it when it got nicked ! 

That's the trouble wilf it's them getting nicked had one of mine nicked last year of the drive lad on my road had his took 2 week before mine and a few others have gone  they use a laptop plug it in to the van but like you and stoney say there very handy  for carrying all sorts