Gold recovery and refining

3 minutes ago, Accip74 said:

You should check out Belgium mate, some of the best flea/vintage/antique markets in Europe. We’ve got quite a few bits from perhaps the biggest in Tongeren (Flanders), nothing valuable, but things we enjoy.... though the original sellers would of made a few quid. Vintage is massive over here, the yanks obviously fcuking love it! 

Yeah, I’d like to have a look mate I really would.

I don’t think the price of things comes into it, if you like somethings and it makes you smile when you walk in the room then that’s good enough.

I wouldn’t have the knowledge of a lad like Sid who has been in the job for years, it’s just a couple of odd bits to muck about with since I semi retired.

I have an interest in design and furniture design in particular, it’s my inner artist breaking out mate !

Thats what they will have on my grave stone :

WILF

Racist, Philanthropist, Artist & all round good guy ! 

lol lol 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Gnasher will have a few bits and pieces hanging round from  brinks mat ,see if he'll do you a decent price get you started .

I nip in most I see when I walk past them mate.....never really found much but have come across a few records that might be worth a few quid.....thing is now the charity shops are selling all the good

Sid had an emporium mate....only went there the once, came home with a 2 seater Chesterfield strapped to my roof rack!! Lol

Posted Images

5 minutes ago, WILF said:

Yeah, I’d like to have a look mate I really would.

I don’t think the price of things comes into it, if you like somethings and it makes you smile when you walk in the room then that’s good enough.

I wouldn’t have the knowledge of a lad like Sid who has been in the job for years, it’s just a couple of odd bits to muck about with since I semi retired.

I have an interest in design and furniture design in particular, it’s my inner artist breaking out mate !

Thats what they will have on my grave stone :

WILF

Racist, Philanthropist, Artist & all round good guy ! 

lol lol 

If you ever do it give me a shout ?

4 minutes ago, sid g said:

type of things that will fit in a modern setting wilf nice lamp silver photo frame and vase of lillies would look sound on that . chair in the corner of a bedroom ..

My thoughts exactly mate, the wash stand was such a good colour and I like how delicate the legs are......just a nice colour and proportions so I bought it.

The chair was just really “blokey” and manly and again, great colour and ware.

f***ing hell, hark at me ! Lol 

Edited by WILF
  • Haha 1
17 minutes ago, Blackmag said:

Do any of you lads look in the charity shops there's a lad near me that does them all round here and sells it on he seems to make a few quid I saw were a chinky bird bought a vase for a quid and sold just short of 48 000 just suppose it's being in the right place at the right time 

I nip in most I see when I walk past them mate.....never really found much but have come across a few records that might be worth a few quid.....thing is now the charity shops are selling all the good stuff online and trying to get rid of the shit in the shops lol can’t blame them of course but it is making going there to look for stuff to sell on a waste of time. Same with cash generator type shops......they are a business themselves so will just sit on stuff untill it sells. 

The best thing to do in this day and age is make a Facebook page for you business or a website. Just a simple house/garage/garden clearance type will do and people will soon ring you to go have a look......if it’s just a load of shit you can say your to busy (unless you want to do waste removal of course lol) or if there’s a few bits that you want you can just say you will take certain bits free of charge and 9 times out 10 they will help you load it up as your taking it for free lol

i know some folk on here won’t do Facebook but with so many people on there now it’s a bigger target audience for unlimited free advertising that shouldn’t be missed out on imo. And on marketplace they will find you in seconds compared to an advert in a paper that will cost a few quid and hardly get seen. 

Old Victorian bricks are a good one to keep an eye out for to if you have a truck.....people knocking chimneys down or walls out will soon pile up loads and at 30p - 50p a brick a pallet of 400 will soon make you a good wage for a few hours barrowing bricks to your truck.

i got some out of skip few years ago and as I was loading them up the guy told me there was loads more to come out so I told him to stack all the good ones by the skip and I’d take them for free.........I knew someone after a load to build a gothic wall and he was paying 70p a brick so I was picking them up from the job, knocking the mortar off in a lay-by on the way and selling them to him the same day lol over a Sunday and Monday I made £600 on them and they were all destined for hardcore lol 

3FAB090F-F66C-4CE4-8CD6-838E5602764C.jpeg.502da5fb540ed5cf2775a8fd4c1379b6.jpeg

53212A4B-6EA7-4D54-8543-38AF2357C2A8.jpeg.ac93f85022b3636668f86c727e508af1.jpeg

Wasnt the most exciting job in the world, pretty hard work loading and cleaning them all on my own but when I got that bundle of tax free cash off him that was all mine I remember being proud as punch (still am tbf lol) and knew then that people will always buy old stuff simply because it’s old, got character and is of a far better quality than modern shite!

• Like 5
5 minutes ago, sid g said:

better than if they were left brown ... some of it you could pick up at auction for a tenner , 

Some of that stuff you’d see up for nearly a grand on Rue Blaes in Brussels

Edited by Accip74
40 minutes ago, Accip74 said:

You should check out Belgium mate, some of the best flea/vintage/antique markets in Europe. We’ve got quite a few bits from perhaps the biggest in Tongeren (Flanders), nothing valuable, but things we enjoy.... though the original sellers would of made a few quid. Vintage is massive over here, the yanks obviously fcuking love it! 

Same here mate. Vintage is massive, whether clothes or furniture. Glories market every Saturday (I believe) have everything you can imagine. Last time I was down there, there was an oak bed, huge ornate thing, over 150 years old the bloke said. If I had the right setting, I would have had it... but the Mrs at the time was Austrian and only liked white things in the house ( :whistling:)

Edited by mushroom
5 minutes ago, mushroom said:

Same here mate. Vintage is massive, whether clothes or furniture. Glories market every Saturday (I believe) have everything you can imagine. Last time I was down there, there was an oak bed, huge ornate thing, over 150 years old the bloke said. If I had the right setting, I would have had it... but the Mrs at the time was Austrian and only liked white things in the house ( :whistling:)

Anything but white!! ?

Edited by Accip74
16 minutes ago, Accip74 said:

Some of that stuff you’d see up for nearly a grand on Rue Blaes in Brussels

There’s some nice boutique leather shops in Brussels as well isn’t there mate, bought my Mrs a rather nice handbag when I was there years ago on business.

• Like 1
11 minutes ago, Accip74 said:

Yeah I think that, then I listen to radio 4 in the morning & I think fcuk that! ?

I wake up every morning to Firestarter ?

The Vintage clothes shops in BCN do really good trade. An ex bought a dress from the 40's, in mint condition and it cost a fuucking fortune. 

@Wilf I see some really good leather on that market, I mentioned and also you see the leather stalls on the vintage pop up markets. Really nice gear, not cheap.