Fox baiting?

Stinking pilchards ,orrible smell and they do have a good sense of stink mr Reynard does.Also rabbits with its guts hanging out ,but peg it down so he has to rag it in place rather than run off with it .

I,m trying that nasty Webbox dog food in the tubes a friend uses it ,but its in the car for a couple of days to go really runny and stinky its drawn 2 in so far so maybe worth a look atb 

37 minutes ago, Baldcoot said:

Stinking pilchards ,orrible smell and they do have a good sense of stink mr Reynard does.Also rabbits with its guts hanging out ,but peg it down so he has to rag it in place rather than run off with it .

I,m trying that nasty Webbox dog food in the tubes a friend uses it ,but its in the car for a couple of days to go really runny and stinky its drawn 2 in so far so maybe worth a look atb 

What is your set up mate?

22 minutes ago, walshie said:

Those plastic bags of wet cat food have always been productive for me. Especially the one I found at the bottom of my shooting box recently. God knows how long it had been there. Do NOT get any on you. 

Sounds good.

Close in cz452 in .22l/r using cci segs  with a Pard nv007 on a Hawke Vantage ,ideal in woodlands from about 30yds away ,does the fox and shattering on impact lessens the chance of richochet .

If its the "motorway " a long field crossed by many on their way from the Local deer estate to the big woods then its P/H 1200 safari in .243 as its the classic rising backstop in the middle of nowhere .Again Pard NV 007 but scope is a Leupold VX1 .

Usually sat on a pad against a tree with random calling ,mouse call and acme work well imho.Easier to wait for them than pootle about hoping to stumble on them as the ground varys from field to field and theres loads of noisy brash underfoot atb

Sound.

It's egg units getting hit randomly at night. Some birds stay out at night etc.

There is a visitor's sign in book in a little shed. If I can I want fit a chair inside and bait a spot withing sight and possibly put a white board to possibly aid not illuminating the victim. Put a trail cam up and keep baiting hoping for a pattern to emerge.

Side note. I use to have PH safari in 308.

Got it cheap as "it won't shoot". By the time I finished with it it would put three rounds down the same hole!

I will get a box of kitty food when I get set up.

Thanks all.

• Like 1

Luxury ,blooming luxury a hut and chair ,i used to live in a paper bag and eat coal :rofl:.Well nice S/D hope it pays off no doubt an egg unit is a fox magnet for miles around and has a ready supply of hungry foxes waiting to feed 

• Haha 1

Depends on the situation/location.  

I use all the usual, tethered rabbit etc in the countryside, cheap runny tinned dogfood and in a bowl, the good/expensive meaty stuff is no good as they can virtually pick it up and run off in one mouthful, or mixer type/small dog biscuits, scattered around to lead them into a pile.

They all work, as no doubt does lots of other things!

:thumbs:

On 07/11/2019 at 14:15, Sausagedog said:

Sound.

It's egg units getting hit randomly at night. Some birds stay out at night etc.

There is a visitor's sign in book in a little shed. If I can I want fit a chair inside and bait a spot withing sight and possibly put a white board to possibly aid not illuminating the victim. Put a trail cam up and keep baiting hoping for a pattern to emerge.

Side note. I use to have PH safari in 308.

Got it cheap as "it won't shoot". By the time I finished with it it would put three rounds down the same hole!

I will get a box of kitty food when I get set up.

Thanks all.

Use what it is coming for. Any casualties can be left out at night in a convenient place and if not taken removed in the morning. Once the fox has sussed the regular availability of chicken carcases you can sit out in your hide. 

• Like 1

I use a spray bottle full of water that has been used to boil horse hoof trimmings to attract them to a bait spot initially. I have to boil it outside and you don't ever want to spill it on yourself, it stinks horrible but is irresistible to foxes .

• Like 5