“Homeless” beggars

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

My Mrs always has a go at me for giving them food or money I’m not wealthy by any means but my way of thinking is i get conned by half of them at least ive helped out the other half. Would hate to be

I’d say when you are going to towns and cities and seeing 30 or 40 people begging for change, with drug or drink problems etc then I’d be having a more serious look at how this has become the norm rat

in general I feel sorry for them....I just think I would hate that to be one of my kids.....the door I stand at the weekend....you get to know a few of the regular faces....give them a hot drink ...et

Posted Images

59 minutes ago, micky said:

The Strong survive , if you have not got it !take it ! life is as simple as that .

While i agree in principal ive learned over the years not everyone has the personality to do that.... but it doesnt make them weak.

Edited by gnasher16
  • Like 2
12 hours ago, WILF said:

I hear you mate and I know you are right but I think we have to remember that a lot of these people will have underlying personality / mental health issues too......which is why they are homeless or just f****d up in the first place.

I also don’t think you can qualify acts of kindness with conditions......because what you have then is a trade, not an act of kindness.

I don’t pretend to know how people get to that point and I also ain’t green enough not to realise that some of them ain’t wasters or doing it for a living ( I know for certain there is one professional beggar around Charing Cross who will never again make the mistake of swearing at the bloke who don’t give him money)

All I think is, nobody who is nailed on in their life wants to be sleeping in a puddle of piss when it’s -8 outside.

I go out on the bin lorry’s from time to time and it can bring a lump to the throat mate seeing kids younger than my own sleeping in shop doorways, and there are hundreds more  than people realise, successive  governments have just raped and pillaged the infrastructure of society for short term financial gain, I used to have at least 4 huge mental health homes near me 2 are now huge housing sites one is student accommodation and one has been boarded up and left, these people make up the majority of those you refer to, the government came up with a really caring catch phrase for it called care in the community and these are the people who were evicted from there homes and thrown on the streets with a bottle of pills, but for most of the rest they just seem quite happy making more than wages through begging and living a carefree life ✌️✌️

• Like 1