Cycling with dogs

13 hours ago, ginger beard said:

Mine will run beside the bike without a lead.tried it with a lead first and it was a nightmare.

I will never ever again have him on a lead and me on a bike. 3 broken ribs, a lot of lost blood and my pride left in tatters..... that was my real-life nightmare ???

I'll stick with the rollerblades ?

• Like 2

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

My dog is on an attachment behind bike  and I do 25km a day and the Cnut still isn't losing any weight. 

Yeah but its not my bike.

I just stick mine on a treadmill.That way I can just sit and drink stella and smoke weed whilst they get super fit

Posted Images

1 hour ago, mushroom said:

I will never ever again have him on a lead and me on a bike. 3 broken ribs, a lot of lost blood and my pride left in tatters..... that was my real-life nightmare ???

Thats exactly why i don't do it.

My black one will pull me off...kinky?

Long horse leader and a coupling they run in front. Keep part of the leader bunched in my hand to release to take the shock out  they decide to take off. Needs practise lol. Have had me off about 3 times in 5 years and I probably do 40 rides a year. Run them free most of the time fortunately.

Cheers, D.

1 minute ago, downsouth said:

I just stick mine on a treadmill.That way I can just sit and drink stella and smoke weed whilst they get super fit

I do that and bike the dogs.

i can run 7 mile on a treadmill,can't do 2 on the road.road definitely better and you know it.

6 minutes ago, ginger beard said:

I do that and bike the dogs.

i can run 7 mile on a treadmill,can't do 2 on the road.road definitely better and you know it.

I aint that bothered I only chuck em out the back of a motor once the gears tongue is hanging out its head anyway.

• Haha 2
6 hours ago, mushroom said:

Gerrin his own back for the hot plate kennel 

• Haha 1
3 hours ago, Sox74 said:

What would be the average distance would most people cycle daily with their dogs, especially ones just starting out using the bike for exceriseing.

Atb sox

I've got a ride out the doors, 5 and half mile on the flat, do it 3 times a week when I get chance/weather/holidaymakers. Less than an hour at steady 6/8 mph.

Cheers, D.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, dytkos said:

I've got a ride out the doors, 5 and half mile on the flat, do it 3 times a week when I get chance/weather/holidaymakers. Less than an hour at steady 6/8 mph.

Cheers, D.

I only every walked mine.

But the bike sounds like a good way for a bit more intense excerise. 

Going to try it out this week to see how we get on.

Atb sox

• Like 1
8 minutes ago, Sox74 said:

I only every walked mine.

But the bike sounds like a good way for a bit more intense excerise. 

Going to try it out this week to see how we get on.

Atb sox

I just walk mine if I biked wi um on leads I'd defo end up tangled up to feck in a heap and if I cycled them loose I would have a wonderful bike ride on me own like 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
14 minutes ago, Black neck said:

I just walk mine if I biked wi um on leads I'd defo end up tangled up to feck in a heap and if I cycled them loose I would have a wonderful bike ride on me own like 

Wont be to bad for me, as it's only one I would be taking out, the other is a young pup.

I wouldn't like my one run loose either, not worth the risk of bumping into someone.

Atb Sox 

5 hours ago, Sox74 said:

What would be the average distance would most people cycle daily with their dogs, especially ones just starting out using the bike for exceriseing.

Atb sox

I don't cycle daily but I do skate with mine, regular and we can easily cover 15-20Km on a day, going across the city. Usually a couple of times a week but it can vary wildly. 

Just got back from hiking/camping a few days in the mountains and lowballing I'd say 50-60km for us, so fuuck knows how many for the dogs backing and forthing and that's in brutal heat. Bikes, blades etc are brilliant for upping stamina in a dog imo

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, mushroom said:

I don't cycle daily but I do skate with mine, regular and we can easily cover 15-20Km on a day, going across the city. Usually a couple of times a week but it can vary wildly. 

Just got back from hiking/camping a few days in the mountains and lowballing I'd say 50-60km for us, so fuuck knows how many for the dogs backing and forthing and that's in brutal heat. Bikes, blades etc are brilliant for upping stamina in a dog imo

Much about

7 minutes ago, Sox74 said:

Wont be to bad for me, as it's only one I would be taking out, the other is a young pup.

I wouldn't like my one run loose either, not worth the risk of bumping into someone.

Atb Sox 

Bumping into someone not a problem bumping into something and fecking off after it be my problem