Sign in to follow this  
Bush Rummager

Hard men...

I remember years back having a splinter in my thumb and I used my own teeth to pull it out ... now that’s fukcing hard ........

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, socks said:

I remember years back having a splinter in my thumb and I used my own teeth to pull it out ... now that’s fukcing hard ........

Got to admit ,that's pretty impressive .

• Like 1

1 hour ago, gnasher16 said:

I always think conversations of this nature go in the direction of what society deems " hard ".....and its a pretty sad truth that most people see it as something to do with fighting.

The 2 examples i gave of the " hardest " people i know have absolutely nothing to do with fighting.....fighting comes perfectly natural to some people so whats hard about it.

It just seems a sad symbol of society when regular people discuss a subject like this and it always ends up in fighting talk.

I agree mate, and maybe I’m mistaken, but I always assume that when someone brings the subject up that’s what they mean.

And that’s how I read the original post to be honest.

I liked the example you gave a few posts back and I thinks it’s spot on.

My post was really directed at anyone who is talking about fighting, and I just meant that some people have a mentality to do what others wouldn’t but I don’t personally think that’s the same thing as toughness, hard, courage or whatever name we all give it.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, socks said:

Bollocks......I heard that you screamed for morphine and demanded to be put on a chopper and evacuated to hospital? Lol 

21 minutes ago, WILF said:

Bollocks......I heard that you screamed for morphine and demanded to be put on a chopper and evacuated to hospital? Lol 

No that was for a very deep paper cut 😢 ........

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

There is no hard men ..just normal men...the weaker men beleave in hard men as they havent got the same minrouls as them but its just a case some men are alot weaker than the normal man...

Just seen Simon Weston on TV advertising the poppy gold coin.

If anyone saw the documentary Simon's War after the Falklands then they saw one of the hardest guys ever. 

What that fella went through and to come back and still give to his country.

Total respect.

Cheers, D.

• Like 9

On 21/08/2019 at 11:41, gnasher16 said:

The Millwall fan is a good shout he showed immense spirit and fortitude...im sure a massive rush of adrenaline didnt hurt either.

But the others mentioned like boxers and explorers i completely disagree i dont see anything " hard " about being in positions a - of your own choosing....b - that you are being paid for....and c - that you are already good at....sport is sport.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aron_Ralston

• Like 1

On 23/08/2019 at 05:45, jiggy said:

Excellent shout mate!!👍

That is what this thred was aimed at.. not some local knuckle scraper that likes a dust up in the local boozer on a Friday night...

I'm from a miming town in the east mids.. and those types are ten a penny..  

Cheers for the replies fellas.. been interesting..👍

• Like 1