whitehouse and mortimer gone fishing

Was a good watch two funny men. One that knows abit about fishing ie Paul an spending some top quality time with a pal showing him life's more easier an stress free fishing after having a major op like they both have ie heart problems. Over the years them two have brought much laughter to the TV shooting stars an Harry Henfield an chums. Some have said not enough fishing found it boring. It's not ment to be all about fishing its about area's to go fishing quality time with a friend an doesn't have to be all stress full an money. I've caught many big fish on light tackle over the years. You see this where lads have 20 different baits buckets full out for weeks an get ghosted then you can go with a tin of meat few chum biscuits an have a grand day. An the TV show shows to many out there don't sit in feeling sorry for your self get out an start angling you'll soon pick it up an enjoy

• Like 4

6 hours ago, pesky1972 said:

Enjoyed the Christmas special, and the appearance of Paul Heaton and Jacqui Abbot playing in a pub.

Another clip online which never made the cut, but I thought was nice.

Two top blokes. The series that got to me is when Bob was talking about his mother an there old family home an how the garden was now to when his mother had it. Not much money but back then it was about keeping up appearances many was out brushing door steps down few flower in gardens just to make you feel abit better in your self. 

• Like 2

Is it me or does Paul treat Bob like his lackey I mean he cooks continuously for him buys him presents getting that music of Paul’s mother on vinyl must have took some effort and I see no effort of a return gift, and he had the audacity to give Kurtan Mucklowe off of This Country the on set cooking award for one episode the ungrateful f****r ?

• Haha 2

All the references to Christmas when it was filmed in late summer spoiled the program, as did the totally unnecessary appearance of Paul Gasgoine. It is trying to be several things and failing to achieve anything worthwhile.

Still, rejoice at what is probably the last tv program to feature two white hetrosexual and (almost) able bodied men. 

• Haha 2
2 hours ago, Nicepix said:

All the references to Christmas when it was filmed in late summer spoiled the program, as did the totally unnecessary appearance of Paul Gasgoine. It is trying to be several things and failing to achieve anything worthwhile.

Still, rejoice at what is probably the last tv program to feature two white hetrosexual and (almost) able bodied men. 

We will all be like that one day not been able to get down on bank. I know an old chap who lives near me that's been fishing all his life 68 years of angling. Many of days I used to see him rolling past house with his trolly with his Shakespeare box an rod bag had that set up for 50 odd year. Used to love having a chat with him before he went down to local lake that was up until his late 60s. Now his wife said all he does is potter round garden lost kills me to think one day I'm going to be like that an many more of us. So the motto count your blessing that each day you wake up with a great functional body because it won't be like that for ever. A think Bob looks well after his triple heart bypass needs to learn to keep on his feet like but other than that he's a decent humble man an wish him an his family all the best in the future..

• Like 2

I think some of you are missing the point. I don't watch it because it's a comedy and I don't watch it because it's a fishing programme. I watch it because it's half an hour of two genuine blokes who are genuine mates simply enjoying themselves while "messing about on the river." 

While we're on the subject...I can recommend Bob's autobiography "And Away..." My lovely wife bought it for me for Christmas. Unfortunately I was banned from reading it in bed as I was laughing too much and nobody in the house could get to sleep. It'll make you cry a few times too. With the exception of Stephen Fry's "Moab Is My Washpot"  it's the first time I've read a biography or autobiography and not been put off the subject of the book.:toast:

Edited by Neal
  • Like 2
1 hour ago, Neal said:

I think some of you are missing the point. I don't watch it because it's a comedy and I don't watch it because it's a fishing programme. I watch it because it's half an hour of two genuine blokes who are genuine mates simply enjoying themselves while "messing about on the river." 

While we're on the subject...I can recommend Bob's autobiography "And Away..." My lovely wife bought it for me for Christmas. Unfortunately I was banned from reading it in bed as I was laughing too much and nobody in the house could get to sleep. It'll make you cry a few times too. With the exception of Stephen Fry's "Moab Is My Washpot"  it's the first time I've read a biography or autobiography and not been put of the subject of the book.:toast:

Yes, half an hour of two blokes messing about on the river. Plus another 30 minutes of sheer tripe. That's the problem. 

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Neal said:

While we're on the subject...I can recommend Bob's autobiography "And Away..." My lovely wife bought it for me for Christmas. Unfortunately I was banned from reading it in bed as I was laughing too much and nobody in the house could get to sleep. It'll make you cry a few times too. With the exception of Stephen Fry's "Moab Is My Washpot"  it's the first time I've read a biography or autobiography and not been put of the subject of the book.:toast:

I have just started reading it and was pissing myself that part in the book were he burnt the house down.