It’s that time of year again

We are on Saturday ,forecast wind rain and blooming cold so expecting high flyers but Sunday here the snow is due so nice if it settles .But the cold wind is going make them sit tight in i reckon theyl be some startled beaters when they explode out of peoples feet 

• Like 2

• Replies 332
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I don’t know if I’ve mentioned this on here before but a good few months ago a very good friend and my long time shooting buddy had a heart attack while out walking and had to be air lifted off the hi

Now that’s day three over and it was certainly a wet one, from the moment we got there the rain didn’t stop, 44 was the bag, I managed 8 myself and the rain didn’t seem to stop them getting above the

Well it's different for me. I have shoots all around me but being a loner and anti social weirdo I just keep on top of vermin and then I get birds walking of shoots looking for peace. I do h

Posted Images

On 12/12/2019 at 19:42, Stavross said:

Windy and very cold mate, mosh came with me with his metal detector and was over the moon with his coin find, almost 450 years old, ( Elizabeth 1st ) the history up there is unbelievable, I haven’t taken him to the burial mounds on the piggeries yet, they are Iron Age so he wants to have a look around them 

3160F1E2-97FF-4E8A-B32A-291C08EA471B.jpeg

9DEAB49C-6ADA-4277-8E1A-0BA0EBBE53FE.jpeg

BE22291B-2C42-46B2-A8CD-73A268B6E285.jpeg

Nice one, its surprising whats still in the ground from all those years ago. A mate of mine use to make a few quid selling his coins, he got 200 quid for one of them. 

• Like 2
8 hours ago, Sausagedog said:

I think that's why stav has been quiet...he has been sneaking back at night detecting!

I’ve told him he can come whenever he wants, he’s one of them people that always finds what he’s looking for, when he used to do a lot of foxing with me 9 times out of 10 we would come across one but if I was out with others it was 50/50, I’ve told him if he finds anything worth a few quid I want the gift of thermal, I’ve got him a little Christmas gift hopefully he’ll get out looking for that treasure and put the heart attack behind him

AE142EAC-4F10-42B1-9BA0-975A9232F974.jpeg

• Like 2
46 minutes ago, Stavross said:

I’ve told him he can come whenever he wants, he’s one of them people that always finds what he’s looking for, when he used to do a lot of foxing with me 9 times out of 10 we would come across one but if I was out with others it was 50/50, I’ve told him if he finds anything worth a few quid I want the gift of thermal, I’ve got him a little Christmas gift hopefully he’ll get out looking for that treasure and put the heart attack behind him

AE142EAC-4F10-42B1-9BA0-975A9232F974.jpeg

It will be some mega find if it earns you some thermal. You never know he might get you some Long Johns with the last one he found?

• Haha 3
12 minutes ago, Longshanx said:

It will be some mega find if it earns you some thermal. You never know he might get you some Long Johns with the last one he found?

Some of the prices in this book are nuts, but to be honest I’d take some thermals at the minute, it’s bloody freezing ? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
5 minutes ago, Stavross said:

Some of the prices in this book are nuts, but to be honest I’d take some thermals at the minute, it’s bloody freezing ? 

Glad I've stayed in, it's baltic. You missed fook all last night, got to farm and it was chucking down, quick scan with the torch then I was back in the van and headed home. Fecking weather report massively wrong, the twats ?

• Haha 1

Well a day o seasons ,rain,snow,hail,bright sunshine and 33 birds quite good for ou little shoot but the weather was demented and now its peeeinnggg down sideways again .still a nice pre christmas meet up ,chinwag and a good bit of snap

• Like 4
1 hour ago, Baldcoot said:

Well a day o seasons ,rain,snow,hail,bright sunshine and 33 birds quite good for ou little shoot but the weather was demented and now its peeeinnggg down sideways again .still a nice pre christmas meet up ,chinwag and a good bit of snap

Nice, the weather will never spoil a days shooting with good people and if there’s some nice nibbles, even better ?

• Like 3

Feeding today, we now have the birds where we want them, it was very wet and the majority of the birds were in the shelter of the woods, I was there at first light and walked the roadside drive, to my surprise I came across a woman almost at the end of the drive, now this is well off the beaten track, she immediately asked if she was in trouble, it turns out she was collecting holly and pine sprigs to make displays for Christmas, I told her it was not a problem and pointed her in the direction of a very nice holly bush loaded with berries, she seemed a bit shocked to bump into a ruff looking fella with a rifle over his shoulder, after feeding the far side I took the quad over to the piggeries drive, now I have a camera over here so I checked it and we had, roe, fallow, squizzers, pheasants, crows, a buzzard, magpies and would you believe it a ginger, it must be from around here because it’s triggered the camera from 17:30 to 4:30, so I went on the squizzer hunt for some bait, got one and put it in front of the camera covered In bracken to try and keep the birds off it, weather permitting I’ll be up tomorrow night, I also seen what I think was a red kite, if it was this is the first time I’ve seen one up there 

99A12F61-CE76-4818-9D33-1C42076858E3.jpeg

FF7818B8-BF62-4CE4-B684-0A8371E0A284.jpeg

620146DB-B42C-4668-A6AA-CCCA47168103.jpeg

79FBD817-3F34-460F-8702-4279C58517BB.jpeg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

not sure why because they came under serious attack after the harvest but there are loads of foxes about at the moment!

ive got a perm sandwiched between two shoots and im seeing them every time im out..

one of the lads who runs a shoot on the same sort of setup as yours took 17 last week 

• Like 1
42 minutes ago, Stavross said:

Feeding today, we now have the birds where we want them, it was very wet and the majority of the birds were in the shelter of the woods, I was there at first light and walked the roadside drive, to my surprise I came across a woman almost at the end of the drive, now this is well off the beaten track, she immediately asked if she was in trouble, it turns out she was collecting holly and pine sprigs to make displays for Christmas, I told her it was not a problem and pointed her in the direction of a very nice holly bush loaded with berries, she seemed a bit shocked to bump into a ruff looking fella with a rifle over his shoulder, after feeding the far side I took the quad over to the piggeries drive, now I have a camera over here so I checked it and we had, roe, fallow, squizzers, pheasants, crows, a buzzard, magpies and would you believe it a ginger, it must be from around here because it’s triggered the camera from 17:30 to 4:30, so I went on the squizzer hunt for some bait, got one and put it in front of the camera covered In bracken to try and keep the birds off it, weather permitting I’ll be up tomorrow night, I also seen what I think was a red kite, if it was this is the first time I’ve seen one up there 

99A12F61-CE76-4818-9D33-1C42076858E3.jpeg

FF7818B8-BF62-4CE4-B684-0A8371E0A284.jpeg

620146DB-B42C-4668-A6AA-CCCA47168103.jpeg

79FBD817-3F34-460F-8702-4279C58517BB.jpeg

You'd have been more shocked if she was ruff looking and had a rifle over her shoulder?

Let's hope I have more on target this Saturday ?

• Haha 2
4 minutes ago, si brown said:

not sure why because they came under serious attack after the harvest but there are loads of foxes about at the moment!

ive got a perm sandwiched between two shoots and im seeing them every time im out..

one of the lads who runs a shoot on the same sort of setup as yours took 17 last week 

17, we're lucky if we see the odd one or two.

That's it Stav we're moving to Scarborough! 

• Haha 2
5 minutes ago, si brown said:

The problem we have had is the bloody weather, we have had half the outings that we would normally of had this time of year and although we don’t get them every time we go up, you can’t shoot them sat in the house, I wanted to go out tonight but it’s raining again