It’s that time of year again

Feeding up again today, with the hand feeding we have been doing we are getting the birds where we want them, still nice and cold up there and the birds are looking all the better for it, I took my shooting buddy with me so he could do a bit of metal detecting while I fed up, he came across a couple of hammered silver coins that he seemed very pleased about, although cold it was dry and clear and as I’ve said before, there’s nowhere I’d rather be ?

( still can’t upload pictures)

• Like 2

• Replies 332
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I don’t know if I’ve mentioned this on here before but a good few months ago a very good friend and my long time shooting buddy had a heart attack while out walking and had to be air lifted off the hi

Now that’s day three over and it was certainly a wet one, from the moment we got there the rain didn’t stop, 44 was the bag, I managed 8 myself and the rain didn’t seem to stop them getting above the

Well it's different for me. I have shoots all around me but being a loner and anti social weirdo I just keep on top of vermin and then I get birds walking of shoots looking for peace. I do h

Posted Images

On 07/12/2019 at 21:26, si brown said:

a great day stav..and the weather held out for you too:good:

little Hugo is like your shoot mascot..youll have to get a photo of him when he see's the super fly welly's, he'll be buzzing!

keep the stepford wives at war regarding nibbles your shoot will have a Michelin star before you know it:laugh:

Guess your one of the Stepford wives now Stav, keep that cracking food coming??

He always brings something nice and tasty Si??

• Haha 2
25 minutes ago, Longshanx said:

Guess your one of the Stepford wives now Stav, keep that cracking food coming??

He always brings something nice and tasty Si??

I’ll get my pinny on the night before, see what delights I can come up with ?

• Haha 1

A few pics from yesterday up at the shoot, I know I’ve said this a few times but there’s no where I’d rather be than here, I’m back up to hand feed tomorrow, I think I’ll go an hour or two before first light as my mate metal detecting found loads of prints in the rape field 

77DE66D9-D30F-4642-84A0-489269E566EC.jpeg

D20D4675-AD47-485D-8F82-14E51B68B2A5.png

20CF1351-0E0D-4308-B4D6-EBAEBE4F4423.jpeg

• Like 4
35 minutes ago, Stavross said:

A few pics from yesterday up at the shoot, I know I’ve said this a few times but there’s no where I’d rather be than here, I’m back up to hand feed tomorrow, I think I’ll go an hour or two before first light as my mate metal detecting found loads of prints in the rape field 

77DE66D9-D30F-4642-84A0-489269E566EC.jpeg

D20D4675-AD47-485D-8F82-14E51B68B2A5.png

20CF1351-0E0D-4308-B4D6-EBAEBE4F4423.jpeg

Bit windy Stav judging by that pic but it always windy it that feild, cracking pictures. 

• Like 1

Windy and very cold mate, mosh came with me with his metal detector and was over the moon with his coin find, almost 450 years old, ( Elizabeth 1st ) the history up there is unbelievable, I haven’t taken him to the burial mounds on the piggeries yet, they are Iron Age so he wants to have a look around them 

3160F1E2-97FF-4E8A-B32A-291C08EA471B.jpeg

9DEAB49C-6ADA-4277-8E1A-0BA0EBBE53FE.jpeg

BE22291B-2C42-46B2-A8CD-73A268B6E285.jpeg

• Like 4

Hand feeding again today, weather was stunning you could certainly tell the change in the wind, I’d say we could be in for a bit of the white stuff over the next few days, I’ve fed all the main drives as I did on Wednesday, it hasn’t taken them long to clean up what was put down two days ago, I bumped into next doors keeper and I’ve come to the conclusion this lad is a plank, he was still chuntering on about when he was dogging birds on our land and how our feeders are to close to his boundaries on one drive and we are shooting his birds, I told him I haven’t seen any with name badges on and it’s all part of the game, he told me they put 4000 pheasant and 1000 partridges, so I thanked him and said it saves us putting thousands down ? anyway at the minute the birds are where they need to be and with a little snow they will stay there, there’s still quite a few around one of the release pens so this could make a nice little quick drive, so fingers crossed for another cracker a week tomorrow ?

DF460A6D-F12C-4712-9F2B-5846387C363A.jpeg

B950BCFF-96DE-4992-B1E0-C7643BFAAF14.jpeg

54192B29-0692-4E64-BC79-384F02A2107A.jpeg

5CA94B42-DA74-4B3F-8ADD-ACFCC11EAF29.jpeg

• Like 4
  • Haha 1