• 2 months later...

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

If I was you mate I'd save pennies bit longer & get thermal. I thought pard019 was absolutely wanķ. Kept mine for couple weeks and put it on ebay. 

You can screw a rail underneath like i have , now i get huge distance with the solaris srx

49mm lens are available there £5 and are just popped in. There is nothing modified about the version, its just a lens popped in the rear the same.

Posted Images

I have just heard that many people cannot see a sharp image due to focus on the screen so are Blackwood fitting the additional lenses to overcome these issues as I believe Custom Rifle Scopes sell a modified version.

Phil

Thanks Ian, My pal has just ordered the 019 with lenses and an 008. I had a look through his 019 which arrived on Saturday and for sure it needs the extra lenses but what a nice little unit and weighs nothing. I am looking forwards to trying it out with the extra lenes in.

Phil

Will do Gav, the 019 is my shooting partner's and I believe the extra lenses were being delivered today so I am expecting a phone call to whizz up to one of our perms to check it out with the new additional lens / es. 

Phil

• Like 1
On 28/10/2019 at 18:28, ferretnhound said:

Phil, put an update on here of what you think after the lenses are fitted as I'm gonna order one of these soon. 

Cheers Gav 

The lenses arrived this morning to my friends house along with his new Pard 008. He brought both round for me to set up and I can tell you Gav, the lenses worked a treat. For me, number 3 was perfect but for my friend number one and two together seemed better but that is just the difference between our eyes. From my patio, it is 135mt to the trees at the other side of the field and in both day and night mode we had a sharp image with me being able to see the thin wire running along the field edge and the leaves on the trees / weeds.

I think we may be popping out tonight or tomorrow to test it with the extra lenses in darkness but I have no reason to think it will not do the job. In order to make a judgement as to the correct lens, I mounted the 019 on a camera tripod just to keep it perfectly still while looking at the subject. I think that is worthwhile or lean it on a post or similar as any movement can throw your assessment out.

Again this unit is light and very comfortable in the hand, representing good value for money in my mind.

I was going to fit the 008 onto his Browning T-Bolt but the 008 fastening rail didn't fit the T-Bolt (the Browning has two very small picatiny rails which are spaced to allow the empty shell to be ejected clear of scope/ nv etc which is not the case on many rifles) but a quick phone call to Ian at Blackwood put me on the right track for a picatiny to picatiny adapter from Ant Supplies and the issue was resolved. I must say this was the first time I have actually seen an 008 in the flesh so to speak and I really like the unit which is compact and light. I have been looking at some youtube footage today to get ready for setting up the unit and confess it will be only a matter of time before there is one one my Tikka rimmy or perhaps on the Impact, I will worry about that when I actually have one.       I need an increase in my pension payments  

Hope that helps Gav

Phil 

29 minutes ago, philpot said:

The lenses arrived this morning to my friends house along with his new Pard 008. He brought both round for me to set up and I can tell you Gav, the lenses worked a treat. For me, number 3 was perfect but for my friend number one and two together seemed better but that is just the difference between our eyes. From my patio, it is 135mt to the trees at the other side of the field and in both day and night mode we had a sharp image with me being able to see the thin wire running along the field edge and the leaves on the trees / weeds.

I think we may be popping out tonight or tomorrow to test it with the extra lenses in darkness but I have no reason to think it will not do the job. In order to make a judgement as to the correct lens, I mounted the 019 on a camera tripod just to keep it perfectly still while looking at the subject. I think that is worthwhile or lean it on a post or similar as any movement can throw your assessment out.

Again this unit is light and very comfortable in the hand, representing good value for money in my mind.

I was going to fit the 008 onto his Browning T-Bolt but the 008 fastening rail didn't fit the T-Bolt (the Browning has two very small picatiny rails which are spaced to allow the empty shell to be ejected clear of scope/ nv etc which is not the case on many rifles) but a quick phone call to Ian at Blackwood put me on the right track for a picatiny to picatiny adapter from Ant Supplies and the issue was resolved. I must say this was the first time I have actually seen an 008 in the flesh so to speak and I really like the unit which is compact and light. I have been looking at some youtube footage today to get ready for setting up the unit and confess it will be only a matter of time before there is one one my Tikka rimmy or perhaps on the Impact, I will worry about that when I actually have one.       I need an increase in my pension payments  

Hope that helps Gav

Phil 

Thanks for the honest review of it. I will be using it for spotting rabbits for the dogs. I had previously bought a leupold tracker thermal but it was rubbish for what I wanted it for. I will need to keep saving money, hard time with Xmas coming up and another kid due in a few weeks. 

Thanks Gav 

On 24/10/2019 at 20:59, philpot said:

I have just heard that many people cannot see a sharp image due to focus on the screen so are Blackwood fitting the additional lenses to overcome these issues as I believe Custom Rifle Scopes sell a modified version.

Phil

CRS have a 3 day halloween sale on at the moment for these nv019 units . hth