Packing rifle for courier collection

Hi guys, 

Just wanted to know how everyone packs their beloved rifles if they are to be collected by courier for example, and put (possibly thrown) into the back of a van? I have used 5m of bubble wrap on the gun itself and sealed it in an old buffalo river gun slip. Then a further 8m to wrap both the case and gun in. Does anyone know of a better way? 

Thanks, Mark 

IMG_20190703_162404.jpg

Ha thanks lads, looks like that will do the trick then. 

It's away back to Birmingham under warranty.. Super slow barely noticeable air leak, but an air leak nevertheless.. on a brand new gun. ?

Did similar with mine ,but hid the shape with card wrapped around each end.Padded rifle bag ,foam wrap ,and then bin liners followed by a table cloth so just looked like a giant 5ft rectangle .

So glad i didnt have to unpack it ,sticky tape city got carried away a bit atb

• Haha 1

Aye i think we all have seen the films of stuff getting flung from one van to the other or over a fence , the best one i saw was a driver standing on the roof of his van  trying to throw something onto a first floor balcony 

• Sad 1

Your all welcome to sit at work in our smoking area and listen to how Yodel load their vans OMG ,its the 1812 overture with parcels instead of cannon fire ,best ever was the security guard chasing a van leaving the depot with the back door open and parcels crashing into the road .:doh:

How we laughed ,none of us will use yodel for delivering milk never mind parcels :hmm:

• Like 2
1 hour ago, Baldcoot said:

Your all welcome to sit at work in our smoking area and listen to how Yodel load their vans OMG ,its the 1812 overture with parcels instead of cannon fire ,best ever was the security guard chasing a van leaving the depot with the back door open and parcels crashing into the road .:doh:

How we laughed ,none of us will use yodel for delivering milk never mind parcels :hmm:

So that isn't filling me with joy mate! ?

Thankfully it wasn't yodel who collected this afternoon ?

• Like 1