Micro Hob

56 minutes ago, Our team said:

A pigmy a tea cup. A micro. Are show ferrets...   A hunting man calls small slim ferrets a greyhound....   For fuks sake listen too me... Its a bloody name..    But its the name hunters used yrs ago for a small slim rating type... And they bloody good got bolting rabbits.  They don't often kill in.  They don't even kill rats.. 

Have you seen how fiery my little hobs are?  My kids handle them so they are as good as gold and with each other.but when they see another hob that is 3 or 4 times it's size you will definitely change your mind about how tough some of the little ones are. I have had ferrets.for 30.years and it still shocks me sometimes they are a bloody nuisance as you cant put them with bigger hobs as something switches in.them and it's kill or be killed mentality. People who ask me for one look.at you gone out when you tell.them.

It's never been a problem for me before as never had big ferrets as i prefer smaller ones and they are fine with each other. A while back I ended up with a big hob and my kids adore him he's a lovely natured ferret but would never put him anywhere near them.as one time the kids let him in whilst i was cleaning them out and the small.one flipped him straight over and he would have ended up killing him if I hadn't pulled him off.

Over the years i have always picked the liveliest out of the litter to hopefully  offset their size and the small wimpy ferrets that you mentioned and i agree with you as that is also what i used to think and expect but as long as they do their job and they suit the work I do as theŕe are a lot of deep sandy sets.

How are your greyhounds going?

1 hour ago, Our team said:

A pigmy a tea cup. A micro. Are show ferrets...   A hunting man calls small slim ferrets a greyhound....   For fuks sake listen too me... Its a bloody name..    But its the name hunters used yrs ago for a small slim rating type... And they bloody good got bolting rabbits.  They don't often kill in.  They don't even kill rats.. 

I've used my ferrets to bolt rats for years there bred biggest job to biggest jill and only ever bred off Jill's that work rats I don't think that young lad gives a shit about you thinking it's a greyhound ferret or not 

As long as you are happy with them. It's nice to see that little lads face he looks well proud. There doesn't seem to be as many youngsters getting into it these days.

I always try to do my bit and encourage the young uns. I met up with some chap a few times his lad is as keen as hell but where they are from they are lucky to get one or two bunnies as theŕe are just none about so am taking them both to help me out on a place that is over run with them it will be nice to see his little face when he sees how many.there are. 

I try to leave them to breed during the warmer months but a friend of my Mrs family have paddocks for horses with hundreds on so they want the numbers keeping down all.year round.

I think one of the proudest moments when you were a kid when you just had a handful and was really proud and had had a good day out.

Happy hunting kid!

Just now, Our team said:

Are they calm above ground. While you ferret sets. Do they twich and move there heads to were the bunnies bolt.. 

My bitch does. And one of the best rabbit catchers I've owned. My pup not been out with the ferrets yet. 

• Like 1