Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Rez

Sorry but...

Recommended Posts

14 hours ago, mark williams said:

Shooting wood pigeons for sowing and crop protection only.

             Shooting the corvids for chick, lamb, nest etc protection only. ( only if they are attacking firstly)

            Carry on as normal with grey squirrel, rats and rabbits should be about right I would think ?

 

            If I`m wrong, I`m sure you lads will say so.

 

                                   atb.  Mark.

That's about it Mark, no collared doves though or any of the gull species. They are now OFF the GL.

No bird species to be shot without good reason, certainly not just because they're picking away in a grass field or happened to be in a tree within range.

Share this post


Link to post

6 hours ago, timmytree said:

If I saw a number of magpies searching a hedgerow at nesting time I would shoot, just to reduce numbers. But one magpie sat in a tree in autumn or winter? What harm is it doing?

Eyeballin meh 😁

  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
7 hours ago, Rez said:

Eyeballin meh 😁

That's fine, let them get used to you, let them get close. Next spring when they're after the nests you can clobber them. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
On 23/06/2019 at 11:35, timmytree said:

That's about it Mark, no collared doves though or any of the gull species. They are now OFF the GL.

No bird species to be shot without good reason, certainly not just because they're picking away in a grass field or happened to be in a tree within range.

Farmers don't grow grass fields for no apparent reason its still a crop so what makes it different to wheat and barley? Only saying as I don't know the answer. And then another thing hand on heart once you've tried all the so called non-lethal methods why not just carry on scaring them off rather than shooting them. I for one will not be posting trips out unless its just rabbits, but I will never be short of pigeon pie. Remember the 3 S's.

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, chrismdd said:

Farmers don't grow grass fields for no apparent reason its still a crop so what makes it different to wheat and barley? Only saying as I don't know the answer. And then another thing hand on heart once you've tried all the so called non-lethal methods why not just carry on scaring them off rather than shooting them. I for one will not be posting trips out unless its just rabbits, but I will never be short of pigeon pie. Remember the 3 S's.

The GL states that control is ok if damage is causing a financial impact. A few pigeons or a jackdaw on grass among a few rams could not really be justified as crop protection. Otherwise I totally agree with you.

We have to be seen to be obeying the GL, the best way to achieve that is say nothing and look carefully at what we post.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
On 22/06/2019 at 23:33, Furrosious ferreter said:

As above...

My kids have been around my shooting and ferreting for the last 3 years...

They love it when i come home with rabbits and squizzys and love coming out ferreting too.

My oldest 2 know how to hole up and set a net and how to hold and dispatch a rabbit.

School (primary) phoned me last week about them eating rabbit. I told the school yes we eat rabbit and squizzy legs. And we catch them ourselves.

They didnt believe me i dont think. Mainly because they are all... how you put it...

Lefty vegatarian tranny wankers...

I think its because people dont realise where their food comes from.

Notice how butchers shops are starting to close down? We have lost at least 5 very good butchers around our town.

I think they now see me as a hill-billy sitting on my porch on my rocking chair.

20190524_220304.jpg.7fd7d9ec9ef3e16909ee336293aa3a7f.jpg

My oldest with his first ferreted on his own rabbit

FF

Sound that is ff. And yeah, nothing wrong with sitting on your rocking chair on the porch, with a nice 'jug o shiiiine' 🙂

Share this post


Link to post
12 hours ago, Northern Rock said:

A lot of these magazine articles will have been written and scheduled months in advance, probably before the change to the GL. 

True my man. We must of had a super warm winter then... with all the foliage in the shot 😁

But yeah, I agree.

Share this post


Link to post
8 hours ago, Rez said:

True my man. We must of had a super warm winter then... with all the foliage in the shot 😁

But yeah, I agree.

Probably shot and written last year then mate 

Share this post


Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...