The one

A days ferreting

Them numbers are crazy, something I could only dream of. We dont seem to get the numbers around here, 20 is a good day. 

4 minutes ago, beany01 said:

I think you are right, its a location and cultural thing. Some parts of Britain, ferreting has always been carried out, and always will. Everyone knew someone with ferrets, and when you're a kid, it was no problem for the old chap to pick up a kit or two from the neighbour down the road, so you had something to do as kids and keep you out of mischief. Im right on the coast, so a lot of people fished, its seen as the norm, but it is a dying art, telling people you have a tractor and boat gets a few odd looks. Ferrets are seen as odd, viscious, stinking things. Even my mother said a couple of weeks ago, why do I have them hairy things in my garden, its not the norm around here. Im 39, I only started around 3-4 years ago, and it is an easy sport to pick up, its not rocket science, you soon get in the swing of things. 

Yes it is locational. I am born and bred in a coal mining area. ferrets, lurchers, whippets, catapults, air rifles all come naturally. 

2 minutes ago, fred90 said:

impressive photo. local lads used to go up but I am taking quite a few years back. they all said jocks weren't bothered about the rabbits. 

you drive past ,see rabbits,knock doors, they can't wait to let you on.....even a bunch of strange taffys😉👍

• Haha 2

6 minutes ago, beany01 said:

Them numbers are crazy, something I could only dream of. We dont seem to get the numbers around here, 20 is a good day. 

local to me I normally call it a day on 5🙈it's nice to get about doing numbers,but you soon get sick of it👍

Just now, Daniel cain said:

local to me I normally call it a day on 5🙈it's nice to get about doing numbers,but you soon get sick of it👍

Its like anything, too much can be a bad thing. Still, it must be nice to do it now and then. I dont fancy skinning all that lot, it must be bad enough gutting them all after a long day