22 hours ago, gnipper said:

Coming on now, there was 3 but she knocked one out of the nest when I disturbed her, it seemed fine when it went back in but must have been hurt.

Fingers crossed the next round are all full and hatch.

20200519_105221.jpg

Well done mate 

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

My siskins have picked up where they left off last year. Canaries are nearly all on eggs, goldies are messing with material and one pair of redpolls have started to build a bit too.  How's everyo

Only recently got into birds and have a pair of canaries,  hen sat on 4 eggs didn’t really expect all to hatch but all have 2 weeks old now and cocks feeding them all well ?? 

My goldies. The second round are due to hatch Sunday/monday.

Posted Images

2 hours ago, gnipper said:

The pair were knocking boots again this morning so won't be long now  

One of my first bully chicks it's off a female that I hand reared really steady female. She feeds out of my hand every morning. Same as one of my sibiraian goldies she's tame too. Am guna have hands on with all young that I keep back just so that none are shy when it comes to breeding season they know am not a threat ?

20200520_114804-1.jpg

• Like 1
1 hour ago, gnipper said:

I'm staying clear of them mate, only takes one fright to make them jump too early and the little sods won't go back in. They should fledge any day now though. 

It's a fine line to tread when your leaving the parents to it eh,always a worrying but wonderful time in the flights and cages this time of year and well done on where you chaps are at..:clapper:

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

3 nests of polls all gone, one fed for a week then stopped,  one chewed the beaks and limbs off all her chicks and another ate her eggs 3 days before hatching. Bloody things.

I'll be happy to get a few more mules out then I'm finished. 

• Sad 2

Thats a shame Gnipper i used to sit wondering why things when wrong breeding natives thinking i must of f****d up somehow but soon realised nature can just be funny like that.

Best of luck with the mules anyway.

• Like 2