Introducing ' Beast '

On 06/03/2019 at 10:14, secretagentmole said:

Buy some new batteries for the Combro then or one of these!!

New Chrono

You want a Labradar (as opposed to a Labrador, shooting the latter to find out the energy is just cruel). Unfortunately, they, the Labradar which costs around the same as a Labrador but is resuable, costs as much as your gun. Well proven though at least with "proper" firearms.

https://mylabradar.com

Edited by Alsone
forgot the link

7 minutes ago, Alsone said:

You want a Labradar (as opposed to a Labrador, shooting the latter to find out the energy is just cruel). Unfortunately, they, the Labradar which costs around the same as a Labrador but is resuable, costs as much as your gun. Well proven though at least with "proper" firearms.

You keep your mits off Biggles unless you want the barrel of that there HW rammed in a personal orifice!

snowdog8.JPG

• Like 1

Hey pianoman.. 

was hoping you'd be along soon! as a fellow Weirauch enthusiast.. 

is the last paragraph above referring to heavy Pellets in a FAC 177 or bother calibres? 

nothing clear on what you said here? 

It sounds like a perfect opportunity To go to get a load of various pellets and see which works for your gun, then see what the chrono s reads. I recall reading that .177 is not popular in the US because they don't respond well to higher power in terms of wobbly flight path. 

I am not qualified but my thoughts for what they are worth, a .177 pellets at normal sub 12 power can and often does go straight through the head of a rabbit so would a higher power .177 do no more damage than a sub powered pellet. Probably the reason that most fac air hunting is done with .22, .25 and popular in some countries, .30. I know from my own experience that the .25 does plenty of damage with very few runners.

Phil

23 hours ago, philpot said:

It sounds like a perfect opportunity To go to get a load of various pellets and see which works for your gun, then see what the chrono s reads. I recall reading that .177 is not popular in the US because they don't respond well to higher power in terms of wobbly flight path. 

I am not qualified but my thoughts for what they are worth, a .177 pellets at normal sub 12 power can and often does go straight through the head of a rabbit so would a higher power .177 do no more damage than a sub powered pellet. Probably the reason that most fac air hunting is done with .22, .25 and popular in some countries, .30. I know from my own experience that the .25 does plenty of damage with very few runners.

Phil

Get a 16 grain pellet like .177 Piledrivers and then you will see why a 30 ft lb .177 is desired (920 feet per second so no trans sonic problems)....

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
On 10/03/2019 at 06:56, Robo9 said:

Hey pianoman.. 

was hoping you'd be along soon! as a fellow Weirauch enthusiast.. 

is the last paragraph above referring to heavy Pellets in a FAC 177 or bother calibres? 

nothing clear on what you said here? 

About heavyweight magnum pellets in my HW80 .22 Robo9? 

They don't perform from my rifle. That's not to say they are a dead loss in your rifle  But the only way to know, is to try a variety of different weights and head sizes till a winner emerges.

H&N Field Target Trophy 5 53mm/.22 are the perfect pellet for my HW80 .22  at 23 ft/lbs.

Does that answer your query?  

• Like 1
On 24/03/2019 at 03:46, Robo9 said:

The new chronograph has just landed and should be with me in the next 2 days. 

so will be dead keen to see what the hp is.... 

Longest 2 days in history ??

C'mon robo ?

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...