Massed Pipes & Drums parade through Deeside town to start the Ballater Highland Games 2018

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

i can only imagine the fear the bagpipes instilled in an enemy when they heard the pipes in the distance but couldn't see anything, just the sound getting louder - makes your hair stand up; a big figh

My all time favourite    

Posted Images

My 4 brothers played in a pipe band 2 pipers and 2 drummers,  they used to practice in the field at the back of our house and a couple of lads from a mile away as the crow flys would come out and play as well (pipers)  at dusk on a still summers evening it would make the hairs stand on the back of your neck. Absolutely beautiful sound. 

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, dogmandont said:

My 4 brothers played in a pipe band 2 pipers and 2 drummers,  they used to practice in the field at the back of our house and a couple of lads from a mile away as the crow flys would come out and play as well (pipers)  at dusk on a still summers evening it would make the hairs stand on the back of your neck. Absolutely beautiful sound. 

out of like's mate.?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Its certainly a bizarre sound to ears that are not at all musical but its not an unpleasant sound.....its always tickled me what the history is behind them i might google it later....did some jock just plot up one day and say " i wonder what it sounds like if you blow into a vacuum cleaner " ?

Not to mock them by the way i think traditions great.

4 minutes ago, scothunter said:

See it everyday mate and you're spot on 

you can feel the connection as soon as i started watching the amazing grace link you put up.and it started showing the mountain's.

no matter how many muslims and immigrants they bring into the uk.it wont erode the pride and culture of the 4 nation's scot 

• Like 1