shadow_sniper

What's the best value new PCP for under £500?

Hey guys,

what do you all think the best value PCP below £500 is as I am looking to get back into shooting?

Edited by shadow_sniper
Change title

To answer you question ,If you want new......Air Arms S200,  Gamo Phox, or Walter Rotex rm8.

Without a doubt its the Gamo Phox package. Rifle, scope, bag and pump for just under £500. In fact Sportsman had them recently for £454.

I've had one since about August and it's a cracker, better value than the S200 it replaced.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Hey Timmy, 

I'll go have a look I was also looking at the Webley en4orcer. What's going on with all these Artemis rifles?

I know you're asking about new stuff but, you'll get a lot more for your money if you buy used - you should be able to find an S410 and maybe an HW100.

The Webley Enforcer looks like a good bit of kit and, I wish it was. Unfortunately, now it's Webley in name only - Turkish made :thumbdown:

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, shadow_sniper said:

Damn jonjon Shame that.

What you reckon to the gamo deal? 

I've never used a Phox mate but, they are getting some good reviews and, it's a full PCP package within budget :thumbs:

These are also getting good reviews - you can pick them up around £40 over your budget.........

https://woodfield-gcp.co.uk/product/zbroia-pcp-kozak/

I too would look at a second hand hw100, iv seen plenty around at 500 pounds in great condition.

Single shot ultra or similair mate. In all honesty, it’s only the mag that takes um up to the 600-700 mark. Properly decent single shot PCP’s are well under the 500 mark. 

You have two options really, but some crappy new gun from Gamo or Walther or save up to buy a decent gun.

as said earlier, there are some excellent second hand rifles of a higher quality than a new one at £500 and you may well have a scope fitted for your budget.

as an example, my son in law is going to sell his BSA Ultra XL, 2 mags with scope, bag and a 3lt air cylinder and whip tip for £500. The only reason I say this is because he told me this morning. 

whatever you do ,look for second hand and get a better outfit.

Phil

• Like 2

12 hours ago, shadow_sniper said:

I don't really want single shot mate.

Fair enough snipes. Most wouldn't I suppose. Sorry, Id didn't see that bit in your OP 😁