• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Two goldies fighting over the teazle...lol 

Few on my feeders back in the summer.On a busy day they'll empty them.Photos are a bit shit but taken on my phone from indoors.

Golldie on the thistle 

Posted Images

There'll be a few big bird sales coming up soon,the east of england and newark,also try the cage and aviary bird paper as i looked in one the other week while just in a shop as such and was suprised at how many british birds for sale add's there were in it..

1 hour ago, lurcherman 887 said:

Aint had none usually just get starlin sparrows tits doves ect. The snow brought a few different types in though. Had woodpecker long tailed tits chaffinch and a thrush this morning !

Couple of feeders with just sunflower hearts and a couple of Niger feeders which have tiny holes that only goldies can get their beaks in.Might take a few weeks but as soon as you get one to feed they'll be flocking in within days.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Was out in the snow yesterday saw loads of goldfinch,s on the teasel heads, they used to paint sticky stuff on them when I was a kid to stick to there feet then just pick them off and put in the aviary, used to be lots of people kept British finch,s and mules when I was a boy don’t seem as popular today, nice to hear your old man is into it ???

• Like 2
3 hours ago, lurcherman 887 said:

Aint had none usually just get starlin sparrows tits doves ect. The snow brought a few different types in though. Had woodpecker long tailed tits chaffinch and a thrush this morning !

seen a brambling this morning  , first one ive seen in the garden 

• Like 3
30 minutes ago, Greyman said:

Was out in the snow yesterday saw loads of goldfinch,s on the teasel heads, they used to paint sticky stuff on them when I was a kid to stick to there feet then just pick them off and put in the aviary, used to be lots of people kept British finch,s and mules when I was a boy don’t seem as popular today, nice to hear your old man is into it ???

The sticky stuff sticks to the wings and will stop a bird from flying,they'd use talc powder to remove the tack once they've caught the bird.

• Like 2