Another foreigner over here?

• Replies 228
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

New pup from Spain, hoping it does as well as the older one has?   

One boy and his Galgo. 

Posted Images

5 hours ago, billhardy said:

The saluki came here with the travelling nomads who passed through saluki Country when who knows way before documented history. The galgo being formed recent history I e pevt and I would think have saluki blood in some lines they differ like in types  but they don't come in the same league of British bred coursing saluki even though these are maybe only forty plus yrs in the making we had a first pure 42yrs ago import fetched from Oxford cana remember lines irt was a fe cling very aggressive type to all great yard dog would bite liked all teeth was taken digging drew hthe old fellas was in hindsight flecking very different to  the majority of saluki wee see todayhe was used to cover lnon peds  lurcher Norfolk types everytype that worked tas a mental c**t that fecker  but not a galgo atb bill

The Galgos are far from recent lol, as to the rest of your babble your getting to sound like Jeff Burrel ?

• Like 2
12 hours ago, joe ox said:

I cannot see any point in importing them dogs other than you wanting attention, because I am not blowing smoke up your arse saying nice dogs, lovely dogs and asking loads of pointless questions you say I am jealous? ffs brilliant ? 

So a sight hound bred best to best, and in Spain they don't mess about, for a couple of thousand years to run the brown hare in Europe on arable land has nothing to offer ???

I hear Billy and Joe are off to Spain next January! They hold the biggest coursing comp in the world there and the lads are going over to show em how their dogs do it with their super hounds. ? 

Nice rough here?

Edited by sandymere
31 minutes ago, sandymere said:

So a sight hound bred best to best, and in Spain they don't mess about, for a couple of thousand years to run the brown hare in Europe on arable land has nothing to offer ???

What do they have to offer that is not already in the tried and tested dogs here? Try and answer without silly childish digs.

13 hours ago, joe ox said:

Saluki have been in England since around the 1840s according to Wikipedia, nobody can know with any accuracy how long they have been mixed with other English running dogs to make lurchers.

Galgos likely came with the Romans  Spanish legions so would have been here well before the the crusades let alone 1840's but what does that prove? 

28 minutes ago, sandymere said:

See post above?

The post with your childish dig in? Can you answer in your own words without links and videos? I stand by what I said they have nothing to offer that we don't already have here in abundance in our own tried and tested coursing dogs. If I wanted a coursing dog to run on this island I would not need to look any further than the tried and tested coursing stock already on this island. How do you think your galgos would fair against the coursing dogs in this country? Do try and answer the questions instead of dodging them!

why should you be bothered what others are running ??collie x,full collie,minshaw mixa match or f***ing Johnny foreigners???

you not picking up the shit or feeding then why crab???

folks tell me half x bulls couldn't catch a rabbit.....

seen em catch plenty bigger,faster when they slipped out the window of the wrx?

few of you could do with cutting down your screen time and getting out into the countryside,instead of grabbing on here....life's too short??

• Like 3

People are a funny bunch,  I just worked with a Spanish colleague who spoke about their uncle who bred and competed galgos, having never heard of them I was interested, spoke some more and watched a few videos. Looked interesting so I brought on over, she did OK so I've gotten another and post about them. I don't claim them to be wonder dogs or that I'm going to overthrow the world, just posts about my dogs. Yet some are so insecure, jealous or whingy old women

Billy Joe ?