Early start

ftm

Decided on an early start so arrived at mates  as 1st light emerged   and  spotted a pair of squirrels feeding amongst the pheasants at a feeder on the edge of a wood.i crept up to about 35 yrs and picked one out just as it settled on a tree root  crosshairs in place and gentle squeeze on trigger and it just curled up with tail spinning like a helicopter and on closer inspection pellet through head. Happy with that me thinks so off for a mooch and missed an easy woody.Top of this wood is another feeder and squirrel underneath   so another slow manouver and resting on side of tree  and another one in bag .I drove to another spot and managed 2 more fairly easy shots . And as I was driving back to mates house I spotted one tucked in tight to a tree trunk  so I reversed back up to a field gate and crept along the field behind drystone wall to about 30yds and another one appeared  climbing up tree in front of original target.DILEMMA!  Ooh both shootable but who? Went for closest one and shot to lung area sent it to floor scopes straight back up to other one and it was froze in same position   I missed the bugger and it hid on opposite side of tree so I threw a dead branch   and it presented itself  back in view .it flattened itself against the tree  and   I dropped it stone dead . Picked both up and back home for 12 noon .mk1 rapid used

20181203_142444.jpg

• Like 10