Wet and wild night lamping

Me and my cousin headed north again last night. I was running the pointer x and he was running lass. I took the camera hoping to get some decent footage of the dogs. But neither of us checked weather prior to leaving and we were in for a very wet and wild night and I wasn't dressed for it.

First place we lamped, we haven't done it yet this season. As we climbed the hill to reach the flatter ground on the tops. We were greeted with fog and lots of it. Thankfully the wind moved it on and we had 20 mins of clear lamping. I managed 5 from 5 runs with Missy. The wind was blowing that hard the rabbits sat tight and were easy pickings for an experienced dog. However with Missy still green I gave one rabbit a nudge with my foot for the dog to see and she had a nice run and struck well.

We gutted the catch and Brandon had 9 before going to the second spot. Heading back to the car the thick rain battered us for 20 mins. I was piss wet through. 

We planned to get at least 20 with lass to pay for fuel. We continued on the second place. We split up and missy caught her 6th rabbit but dropped it. She had a few more runs missed a couple and caught 3. 

My lamp switch stopped working so I met up with bran. He were gutting his catch. He had filled the carrier. We head back to the car and missy caught another after another decent run. Lass also caught a couple more. Again these were decent runs. 

With 32 rabbits we called it a night. I weren't that bothered about a photo so both stripped our wet clothes of and headed back to get some shut eye. 

The rain decided to stop so we got the catch out and took a couple photos for the album. I couldn't film because of the rain but we a decent night. Back out tomorrow  night I think. Weather's looking better so hopefully I can film lass. 

I'm really pleased with Missy obviously. If I can get get a 40 bag by end of season I will be over the moon. Brandon said lass was running well too. Really getting sharp and from what I seen she was looking very fast now she's lost some fat.

received_176508959966838.jpeg

received_2251869651764107.jpeg

received_223049411752798.jpeg

• Like 11

4 minutes ago, Blackmag said:

It's good to see you putting towels and coats on after a wet night the amount of mutts that just get chucked back in the motor or run  then cramp up when a simple rub down or coat would of stopped it 

He's a good lad that busy packing coats for the dogs he forgot his own clothes 

• Like 1
  • Haha 4