First day on the shoot

Just a small boundary day to start with, teaching them to fly, 39 shot, couple of pigeons and the kids had a go at the squirrels, had my top new beater with me, my mates little lad Hugo, he never left my side all day, this is what I love about these shoot days, free range kids that enjoy been out in the fresh air

20A8C9DA-627E-44D2-824F-E529D1AD5661.jpeg

8DE25B7C-2AAC-4BB6-BE13-CA67A9F5DE77.jpeg

• Like 14
  • Thanks 4

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just a small boundary day to start with, teaching them to fly, 39 shot, couple of pigeons and the kids had a go at the squirrels, had my top new beater with me, my mates little lad Hugo, he never left

Another fantastic day on the shoot, had a mate of mine shooting with us today from Lincolnshire ( Robin foxer off YouTube) and it was definitely worth his 3 hour drive to get here both him and his mat

A few more from the day

Posted Images

1 hour ago, Stavross said:

He a cracking little lad, polite, friendly and still light enough to chuck over a fence when a bird needs picking 

Yeah, but will he jump into a pond or Bush to retrieve a bird like a spaniel? 

• Haha 1

Yeah, he is kept well out the way of the line, we have not managed to level anyone with a bird yet, but last year my guest did manage to drop a bird onto one of the shoot members new car, that will teach him not to walk to his peg

9 hours ago, Meece said:

Be careful  of where he is placed  near falling  shot birds. I did see a shot bird mis a kid by a fag paper. Even adults have been seriously injured by falling birds.

I had a fallen bird hit on me 31 years ago.

Left a huge impression and ended up married to her!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
11 hours ago, Meece said:

Be careful  of where he is placed  near falling  shot birds. I did see a shot bird mis a kid by a fag paper. Even adults have been seriously injured by falling birds.

2 hours ago, Underdog said:

I had a fallen bird hit on me 31 years ago.

Left a huge impression and ended up married to her!

Club.?? impacted. I Never recoved, 

• Haha 1
9 hours ago, shovel leaner said:

Nice pics Stavross , looks like a great day . Good to see you encouraging youngsters, they are the future of the sport. 

That’s the one thing I really like about this shoot is the amount of kids that come, not just to beat but to shoot as well ( under supervision ) there’s not many kids about that you can get out the house in all weather at 6 in the morning, so we need to look after this lot

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1