EOS R, full frame mirrorless

Less than a week ago made the leap and bought canons new EOS R, very happy with it. AF is unbelievably quick focusing on seagulls (not had chance to get it out ratting yet). Really happy I made the leap but definately in need of some new glass soon. More than likely canons 50 or 85mm 1.2 and canons 70/200 f2.8 with a 2x convertor. Here’s a couple from my first week with it using canon 50mm 1.8 & sigma 150/600 f4/5.6.

9ADA755B-F5AD-42EC-B87E-4964B16B9B2F.jpeg

• Like 6

• 2 weeks later...
On 14/11/2018 at 22:31, Mark_mjs93 said:

I love the idea of the eos R, lovely cameras but it frustrates me that they have created a new mount for lenses. I know you can get adapters but still, id have preferred native compatability with the EF range of lenses. 

I know what your saying and it would of been nice but the adapter comes free and works seemlessly so I have no issues.

22 hours ago, Parabuteos lad said:

I know what your saying and it would of been nice but the adapter comes free and works seemlessly so I have no issues.

Oh! This I didn't know! I thought it was. Only aftermarket adapters! See, now that changes things. The question I have, Im a huge fan of that satisfying clack you get with a DSLR having shot with a Canon 70D and 5D for a good few years now. Did you feel it a bit alien to go over to a mirrorless? and in terms of the mirrorless configuration I assume it shoots quieter? I love the colours in your shots though! Are you touching them up in lightroom in post or are these raw shots? 

2 hours ago, Mark_mjs93 said:

Oh! This I didn't know! I thought it was. Only aftermarket adapters! See, now that changes things. The question I have, Im a huge fan of that satisfying clack you get with a DSLR having shot with a Canon 70D and 5D for a good few years now. Did you feel it a bit alien to go over to a mirrorless? and in terms of the mirrorless configuration I assume it shoots quieter? I love the colours in your shots though! Are you touching them up in lightroom in post or are these raw shots? 

Lightroom mate. There’s is still a click, it’s not as loud but still satisfying to hear.

I'm a full time photographercanon for years . 

Had a play with the eos r the other day in the studio. It has great iq, all my ef lenses worked great with the adapter but the lack of duel slots means no use to me. Canon tell me it's aimed at consumers nor pro level . Shame as I liked it . I'll stick with the 5d4 for now 

• Like 1