If any one

Can make me change my mind about giving up shooting

it was my life long friend Viz

We have been there for each other through some troubled times

more than once lol

I love the man to bits he is like a brother to me and like wise id like to think .

Any way lads it was windy as feck last night we got there just before dark

hit the woods first just as the pigeons were coming in to roost

viz got 5 with the fx stream line and the photon i could not make them out lol

then off for a wander around the fields

i ended up with one rabbit and viz with one as well he lost one in the long grass (this happens with nv if you see another rabbit and take off after it lol)

rifles were fx stream line 177

scope photon xt nv

bsa ultra 22 single shot

scope photon xt

nv range finder

only got the one pic as my phone die,d

atvbjimmy:thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

PS,, im staying sub 12 for now lads

like philpot and viz and si have say,d im good at it with sub 12 rifles

bloody good at it to

DSC_0028.JPG

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, villaman said:

Nothing wrong with sub 12 , as many of us have great results in the field including you Jimmy :thumbs:

We just need to get Mark up to our standard with airguns instead of his shotguns :laugh:

And the world of frozen Mitch

lets not forget the world of frozen

• Haha 4
1 minute ago, zandy01 said:

Nice to see you’d both out again...

yous got any rabbits going spare with jackets on ??? Or pigeons ???

2 or 3 of each would be good...

PM me or keep me in mind if you get any next time you’re out ?

Will do mate

how you keeping any way

28 minutes ago, villaman said:

Nothing wrong with sub 12 , as many of us have great results in the field including you Jimmy :thumbs:

We just need to get Mark up to our standard with airguns instead of his shotguns :laugh:

Glad to see you out, enjoying again Jimmy.

I own 2 shot guns lads and they hardly see the light of day, - no skill required. ( for me).

I own 8 sub 12ft/lb air rifles, 6 of which are spring rifles, 2 are HW 100`s.

My spring rifles see "far more" field work than my pcp`s do.

Why ? - because all the skill and field craft, ( for me ) is with sub 12 ft/lbs spring rifles.

I mean just look how much better you and Jimmy are since coming down to mine for your shooting lessons Mitch .

atb  Mark x  :laugh:

• Haha 2
17 minutes ago, mark williams said:

Glad to see you out, enjoying again Jimmy.

I own 2 shot guns lads and they hardly see the light of day, - no skill required. ( for me).

I own 8 sub 12ft/lb air rifles, 6 of which are spring rifles, 2 are HW 100`s.

My spring rifles see "far more" field work than my pcp`s do.

Why ? - because all the skill and field craft, ( for me ) is with sub 12 ft/lbs spring rifles.

I mean just look how much better you and Jimmy are since coming down to mine for your shooting lessons Mitch .

atb  Mark x  :laugh:

You even showed us how to freeze them in such away that they look like they have just been shot

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Was a canny night, last minute thing, first time out using the photon,  the wind was wild but we still got out, what a gun this streamline is, at the moment I like it better than my impact ! ( and Andy if you bothered to pick the phone up now & again we would have been able to supply you with plenty for the ferrets ) 

• Like 1
14 minutes ago, bigmac 97kt said:

You even showed us how to freeze them in such away that they look like they have just been shot

Exactly Jimmy :good:

As much as i try, you have to shoot them first or you`ve no chance of freezing them.

IMG_0682.JPG.3bc8c5b62080644d55e82a9556438bb3.JPG

atb  The Iceman  :bye:

4 minutes ago, mark williams said:

Exactly Jimmy :good:

As much as i try, you have to shoot them first or you`ve no chance of freezing them.

IMG_0682.JPG.3bc8c5b62080644d55e82a9556438bb3.JPG

atb  The Iceman  :bye:

Not a bad bag there Marko for 12mths worth of shooting

???

• Haha 1

Good to know you’re still shooting jimmy. As above, nothing wrong with the 12ft lb guns. I shoot with rimfires, centrefires, shotguns and airguns. I’ve had just as good sport with the airguns as with any other guns. They’re a joy to use imo ??

• Like 1

I am seriously pleased you have changed your mind my friend, it would have been a sad place without you Jimmy but with Sean and Si there to give you a clout round the ear to keep you in line mate, all will be well with the world. 

Best regards

Phil