red stag called out

went after the reds on 29th sep got to my spot early at 6am so my mate could get into another spot early. i had round hour and half before it was light enough to start to hunt, i could hear 4 stags roaring so was exited. as soon as it started to brighten up i started to stalk in, its round 2 km to the back of this property. not long after it got bright the stags stopped roaring but i layed down on top of a hill and let out 1 roar through a 1.25 ltr coke bottle, i got a reply immediatly and he was close round 400 hundred yrds. within 2 mins this fella appeared out of the trees at round 300 yrds from me walking straight towards me licking the air, he walked to within 120 yrds of me then turned broadside so i took the shot. he leaped then  dissapeared  behind a small hill and never came out. i walked down and there he was he went round 25 yrds after a shoulder shot, as coincedience has it i called 1 out for my mate in the same place 1 year ago to the day.

my fone sep 18 057.jpg

my fone sep 18 058.jpg

my fone sep 18 059.jpg

my fone sep 18 053.jpg

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1