Lightweight pcp walker/ratter

The lads are totally correct in the 100`s being recommended.

Here`s a dark horse for you lads Brocock super six elite ?( little skeleton stock) ? .177 cal, filled to just 180 bar gives outstanding accuracy, right up there with the 100`s/ ultras but it is has no reg`.

At a fill of 180 bar ( sweet spot ) it gives 28 shots of pure accuracy " second to none" and they are very light and very reliable guns.

Couple of years ago now but shot one down the club and boy was i impressed, 11.8 ft/lbs too.

atb  Mark.

I have the r10, the ultra, and the hw.

The hw is faultless, just as everyone says,  it certainly does the job, but I found it just wasn't balanced right for me, front heavy, not a heavy gun, but unbalanced, so I swapped the air tube for the a@m lightweight, and the silencer, sorted the balance right out, lost some weight, and improved shot count.

The r10, it's been perfect out the box and never missed a beat, good balance, good shot count, accurate as anything, and reliable, I've never messed with it as have no need, but, watch what scope it's fitted with as I found the good scopes made it a tad bulky and top heavy for general mooching.

The ultra, I bought it 2nd hand, on a whim as  it was cheap and the mrs wanted to plink, it blew me away, the accuracy was as good as any top end rifle double its price, the fps variation on mine is 4fps over 5 mags, it's short and very pointable, ideal in barns and round yards, it's also a gun that's never missed a beat in 3 yrs ownership, it's light enough to mooch for hours and not tire you out, I can't stress how good it is. I think the ones you hear bad stuff about was the mmc system, lots didn't like that silly system, myself included, but the SE is a different tool completely.

• Like 3

HW100k is the best and lighter than HW100 

BSA ultra great little gun and even better with a reg and longer cylinder 90 + shots and will match any top price gun pellet for pellet

FX impact or crown , high shot count and high price but fantastic guns 

• Like 1
8 hours ago, Rabid said:

The hw is faultless, just as everyone says,  it certainly does the job, but I found it just wasn't balanced right for me, front heavy, not a heavy gun, but unbalanced, so I swapped the air tube for the a@m lightweight, and the silencer, sorted the balance right out, lost some weight, and improved shot count.

The r10, it's been perfect out the box and never missed a beat, good balance, good shot count, accurate as anything, and reliable, I've never messed with it as have no need, but, watch what scope it's fitted with as I found the good scopes made it a tad bulky and top heavy for general mooching.

The ultra, I bought it 2nd hand, on a whim as  it was cheap and the mrs wanted to plink, it blew me away, the accuracy was as good as any top end rifle double its price, the fps variation on mine is 4fps over 5 mags, it's short and very pointable, ideal in barns and round yards, it's also a gun that's never missed a beat in 3 yrs ownership, it's light enough to mooch for hours and not tire you out, I can't stress how good it is. I think the ones you hear bad stuff about was the mmc system, lots didn't like that silly system, myself included, but the SE is a different tool completely.

What's the mmc system? 

I think the issue is shot count when you are ratting as you can get through a lot of pellets on a good session. One other possibility is the HW110 which is lighter than the HW100 and has shot count of around 100 or the new HW110 Karbine which is a shorter version and lighter with really good balance. I think the shot count is around 70 for .177 so well suited for ratting. it is launched this month sometime but the price is not confirmed but around £700.

I can tell you that Crawfords in Scunthorpe (01724 846 000) has a .177 and .22 on order and not far from you down the M180, I was in there today but they are not in yet. Speak to Graham or Andy and they will give you a call when they are in and tell them Phil Roberts sent you, they will either look after you or tell you to bugger off ?

Phil

• 3 weeks later...
On 09/10/2018 at 22:17, Rabid said:

Might just try the lighter cylinder for 100ks, thank you