Beware - scam hunting website

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Well lovely thread but I,m off on me holidays now in me new Bmer with me new passport, atvb Robert ???

how does this work? Do i send the Bino's to Robert Burleigh? or can i just make a cash donation,forgotten how these scams work?

If it was someone who I liked was scammed from them , I’d make the effort to drive the nearly 20 miles ,  but I can think of Better things to do with my time an a gallon of diesel ?

Posted Images

11 hours ago, electrolific said:

wow, what a lot of comments... ?

To answer a few issues:

* Robert Burleigh is probably a real person and may have had his identity and reputation used for this - if anybody knows him then obviously let him know

* I went to the shop and its just an accounting firm.  Their website and background story looked so genuine (all the detail on opening hours and range of products etc.) but  something didn't smell right and the fake copy of a passport rang alarm bells (its attached, check out the name really closely).  Also, I don't like to do a bank transfer of thousands of euros when I can just visit them - I'm currently in Germany but I'm a kiwi and took a week to see some of the UK countryside.

* I did indeed just sign up for this forum, and another one, just to post that message.  I couldn't find any info or reviews of them anywhere before I went to their "shop" so I thought I'd create something online for people to (hopefully) find.  I also reported the website but I doubt anything will happen since I have not suffered a loss (other than wasting my time going there).  In New Zealand I would have posted it to a hunters facebook group but since I'm not a member of one here...

* Just in the last few days I contacted them again (via email) asking whats up, how come they weren't there etc. ... and their response is below (which contradicts their premise of having a store you can visit):

Hello Mr. Haydn,

This is an web shop and we usually sell by online orders... do not meet people.

Thank you,
Robert Burleigh

Chase Shoot Limited
7 & 8 Church Street
Dorset
England
BH21 1JH
Company number: 08972934
Tel: +44 7946 876 326

Looks real enough, why do you have a pic of his passport?

10 minutes ago, South hams hunter said:

Why have you saved it?

saved it

because i am in communication with the website host to get the fckn site taken down

the more ammo the quicker it goes away

no one needs to be re quoting the image,its for safety issue so the image doesnt get re used by another scammer.

its a way a scammer convinces their target they are legit by emailing a 'passport'

Edited by Ted Newgent
7 hours ago, Ted Newgent said:

saved it

because i am in communication with the website host to get the fckn site taken down

the more ammo the quicker it goes away

no one needs to be re quoting the image,its for safety issue so the image doesnt get re used by another scammer.

its a way a scammer convinces their target they are legit by emailing a 'passport'

Snowflake police are here

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
27 minutes ago, Greyman said:

Well lovely thread but I,m off on me holidays now in me new Bmer with me new passport, atvb Robert ???

I don't get all this online identity theft thing.

What was wrong with rummaging through dustbins ?

• Like 1