Pellet recommendation

Ive got a bsa ulta se multi shot 1.77, the lad I bought it from was using air arms diabolo express 4.5.2 for target shooting but I am using it to shoot rabbits so I swapped to air arms diabolo field 45.2 and by and large they are accurate but when shooting targets I keep getting the odd wild pellet which could be me ,I’ve also just ordered a pull through to give the barrel a clean just in case it’s never been done, so my question is can anyone recommend a good pellet out of these guns for rabbit shooting?

3 minutes ago, Jonjon79 said:

The Express that he was using will kill rabbits - if they're accurate, stick with them :thumbs:

Also, it's a light pellet so, the trajectory will be more forgiving.

I would say the field are more accurate plus they fit the pellet thingy better lol I found the express a bit awkward fitting wise we’re as the field fit perfect,cheers.

1 minute ago, Str said:

I would say the field are more accurate plus they fit the pellet thingy better lol I found the express a bit awkward fitting wise we’re as the field fit perfect,cheers.

Fair dos :thumbs:

In that case, try the barrel clean, then a bunch of shots with the Fields to lead it back in, then test again :thumbs:

• Thanks 1

I set the gun up yesterday at 28 yards length of garden after much fecking about in the end hitting 2 drawing pins, went out tonight first rabbit dead 25 yds 2nd 30 yard wounded rabbit as shot low in shoulder but dog got it,the next few shots were all low so I came home and re zeroed scope,now I am getting 2 shots almost in same hole at 20 yards then 2 about 1/12 below its fecking annoying.

16 hours ago, Rabid said:

I use jsb, accupell and faps in my ultra.

Got some jsb exact diabolo today and I can’t believe the difference,it only took  10 shots to set the sights up,in pic all 10 pellets in 5p circle at 25 yards with a bench to rest on, with the air arms I would have got 1 or 2 in the circle but the rest would have been all over the place. Cheers for advice.

EF37F2EA-1A85-4B16-B026-1F9551CA0A12.jpeg

• Like 2
9 minutes ago, Str said:

Got some jsb exact diabolo today and I can’t believe the difference,it only took  10 shots to set the sights up,in pic all 10 pellets in 5p circle at 25 yards with a bench to rest on, with the air arms I would have got 1 or 2 in the circle but the rest would have been all over the place. Cheers for advice.

EF37F2EA-1A85-4B16-B026-1F9551CA0A12.jpeg

try the jsb heavys

very hard hitting and very accurate

same as the jsb exact diablo 8.44

this little ultra the bairn has is in 22 but all the jsb range is spot on STR

atvbjimmy:thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

P050912_22.53.jpg

• Thanks 1
1 hour ago, mark williams said:

Doesn`t get much better than that Str.

Compliments to you  :hi:

atb  Mark.

Cheers mark,it’s hard to believe pellets could make that much difference,even at 25 shots it was bang on.

• 2 weeks later...