59 minutes ago, NEWKID said:

Lots of talk about money for sure..but in certain parts of the country (down here being one of them).. they are building houses quicker than they can fill em.. this leads to shortage of skilled labour, brickies particularly are having the best time of it that I can remember, they can demand the rates as the developers are desperate to.keep.developing (low interest rates, over population, lack of first time house..loads of reasons why big developers are cashing in)...a decent labourer keeping 3 brickies going will certainly be on good money...but god knows finding a decent labourer is hard, 2 weeks of money and they're on the piss and shoving it up their nose like millionaires lol...

Like I said before, it's a decent bubble but that's all it is, I'm only 20 odd years in construction (set up on my own in 98, laboured and learnt my trade before that)..but it's as good as I remember it...my old man talks about the 80s and good times.. but then the big recession hit, end 80s early 90s and constructuon/building work is the first to get smashed....

Get your fingers in a few pies if you are earning a bit, invest well and it could drag you through when it gets shitty again...well here's hoping.lol 

My brother is 32 and a bricklayer, been doing it since he left school and hasn't had a poor year yet wage wise. Even when it was quiet a couple of years back he was on £17ph working for a local builder on day work. He's on serious money atm on price now though.

• 8 months later...

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I  used too go 4/10 wks a time when my first was born,home for a few days back to it.... he was 2lb 7 ozs and in a baby unit for first few months, used to kill me mate to be fair, leaving them, alot o

22 years in the army and I was only home a handful of times over Christmas missed most of their birthdays and my missus pretty much brought the kids up on her own but it's a choice you make and live w

Cheers katchum.i got 200 cattle and 500 lambs tomorrow.should keep me out the pub til 6ish.as for the knickers i've already looked over the fence.

Posted Images

On ‎09‎/‎08‎/‎2018 at 22:54, ginger beard said:

I brought 2 bottles of coke,twix,loaf of bread and a packet of choritzo.£14.

My missus spent easter in Norway visiting some of her family in Bergen,the equivalent of £5 for a red pepper in the supermarket?

• Like 1
12 hours ago, mackem said:

My missus spent easter in Norway visiting some of her family in Bergen,the equivalent of £5 for a red pepper in the supermarket?

Great fish market in Bergen, slabs of whale and mackerel the size of grilse:thumbs: 

• Like 1
26 minutes ago, bell said:

Great fish market in Bergen, slabs of whale and mackerel the size of grilse:thumbs: 

My missus has been a few times mate,she said its boring,its has the rep of being the rainiest city in Europe,it once rained for 80+ days solid without respite.

28 minutes ago, mackem said:

My missus has been a few times mate,she said its boring,its has the rep of being the rainiest city in Europe,it once rained for 80+ days solid without respite.

Where abouts is bergen,n.s.e or west norway.i was near trondheim about in the middle and into october we were sat in the evenings in a t shirt on the decking.

20180825_142122.jpg

• Like 1
2 hours ago, mackem said:

,it once rained for 80+ days solid without respite.

I'm calling fake news on that, Mack. History tells us that the flooding would have been catastrophic but the resulting reset would have fixed all of the world's ills. Las Vegas is still standing.

• Haha 1
On 10/08/2018 at 20:39, Rabbit Hunter said:

I feel like I'm missing out on something here BIG TIME! 

So with all this money that's being made I'm guessing you boys are all in £400k+ houses?

Depends,i prefer the 1.8mil mark.??.lots of big places around my place,boys on good dollar for a change.remember earning 27 a week on the hod,on yts.never worked so hard for so less.

• Like 2
8 hours ago, ginger beard said:

Where abouts is bergen,n.s.e or west norway.i was near trondheim about in the middle and into october we were sat in the evenings in a t shirt on the decking.

20180825_142122.jpg

Its south of where you were mate,on the coast.

6 hours ago, ChrisJones said:

I'm calling fake news on that, Mack.

It was in 2006,i read it somewhere online,rains on average 240-250 days a year,my missus always takes her brolly.

• Like 1
23 minutes ago, Qbgrey said:

Depends,i prefer the 1.8mil mark.??.lots of big places around my place,boys on good dollar for a change.remember earning 27 a week on the hod,on yts.never worked so hard for so less.

My mates just bought a £550k place to live in and is renting his £400K place out,he is a bricky/plasterer,£400k round this neck of the woods gets you an ex-council place.Guildford just down the road has the highest number of million pound houses of any town in the country,but what you would get for a million squid up north and the same price down here are totally different ends of the spectrum.